Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Large Scale RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Large Scale RC!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Killswitch Problem

Discussion in 'Large Scale RC Electronics' started by hamza, Sep 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. hamza

hamza New Member

I have ordered a killer rc super bee killswitch for my losi 5ive t. I have a sr415(NON-AVC) and a Dx4C transmitter. The killswitch works and turns off the engine when i use the aux channel on the controller but with i turn of the controller(To simulate signal loss) the rc doesn't turn off and the killswitch stays green.

Why doesn't the killswitch cut the engine??

2. Pate

Pate Member

I have the same issue. I have the dx5c and sr415 non avc and I can turn on and off with remote but it won’t go off when I shut down remote?

3. t2boats

t2boats Well-Known Member

what channel have you plugged in your killswitch to?

4. Pate

Pate Member

Aux 2. I’m using G on my dx5c

5. Losi125

Losi125 Member

You have to rebind your receive with the killer switch in the off position let me know how it works out.

6. Pate

Pate Member

How exactly do u turn it off and then rebind? Do I need to plug in bind first then turn on? Or will my controller even do anything will the receiver is in bind mode?

7. Losi125

Losi125 Member

Turn the kill switch off with the remote then when the kill switch is off turn everything off and re bind ..

8. Losi125

Losi125 Member

With everything on turn off the kill switch (light off) with York remote once the kill switch is off turn your reciever off and re bind with the bind plug once you have done that remove the bind plug turn off the reciever and power back on turn on the kill switch and test that everything works properly leave the kill switch with the light on and turn off the remote your kill switch light shout go out

9. oFive

oFive Member

Thanks for the post I can actually test this on my 7px

10. Killer buggy

Killer buggy New Member

Hey Hamza. I had the same problem. 3rd channel would kill the engine but turning the remote off would not. Turned out I had to kill the engine with the remote then reset the stock failsafe in my receiver. No problems after that.

James H. likes this.
  11. voo2doo

voo2doo Moderator
    Staff Member

Nice bit of info that gents.
    J

12. oFive

oFive Member

What do you mean by stock reset? Sorry I am dealing with the same issue with my 7px.. I did rebind and that didn't work. Any help would be great.

Also how do you reset to stock failsafe...

Thank You

13. Losi125

Losi125 Member

Rebind with the kill switch in the off position. Kill the the engine with the kill switch. now with the kill switch off rebind

14. Losi125

Losi125 Member

Stock failsafe rebind with the brake on at the same time make sure your kill switch is in the off position and rebind everything together

15. oFive

oFive Member

I'll give it a try. Thanks again.

16. oFive

oFive Member

That did not work. Not sure what I am doing wrong here. Been trying to figure this out for weeks. Lol

17. Iceman2733

Iceman2733 Active Member

Are you setting the failsafe in the menu of the remote? From what I have seen this is similar to the 4pv menu wise which I have. All you have to do is set the failsafe through the failsafe menu. Are you doing that? U set whatever channel you are using to off. Also set that channel to +100

I know it is not super detailed I am away from the controller right now so I can't remember menu names right off top of my head

18. PSH72

PSH72 Active Member

Have you seen the videos of killerRc he shows how to set it.

19. oFive

oFive Member

Yes I am using my remote and it's set on channel 3 which is set to off and 100. Still nothing. It was set to 0 before I changed it to 100 and didn't do anything. Not sure if I should rebind after changing the setting or no but I havnt yet.

Thanks

#19 oFive, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2018
  20. Iceman2733

Iceman2733 Active Member

Did you set the channel up as a switch to one of your buttons on your radio?

You shouldn't have to rebind it but since it takes 5 seconds you could try it. With the spektrums you can't set the failsafe up through the radio menu, you set it up during binding. Which is why they are recommending it, however with the futabas we can do it through the menu