Killswitch Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you set the channel up as a switch to one of your buttons on your radio?

You shouldn't have to rebind it but since it takes 5 seconds you could try it. With the spektrums you can't set the failsafe up through the radio menu, you set it up during binding. Which is why they are recommending it, however with the futabas we can do it through the menu

That I don't remember.. I can check. I've ordered triton kill switch. I don't know if that's going to change anything or not But there is a possibility this kill switch is hooped....

Last edited by a moderator:
That I don't remember.. I can check. I've ordered triton kill switch. I don't know if that's going to change anything or not But there is a possibility this kill switch is hooped....
Reason I ask is you should have and to tell u to try that method to see if the kill switch is working correctly or if possibly the kill switch is faulty.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to rebind your receive with the killer switch in the off position let me know how it works out.
For any body with this problem i used the back button on inhibit and go in reverse and reverse the back button listed as r in aux 1 then rebind in the fail safe mode

I have ordered a killer rc super bee killswitch for my losi 5ive t. I have a sr415(NON-AVC) and a Dx4C transmitter. The killswitch works and turns off the engine when i use the aux channel on the controller but with i turn of the controller(To simulate signal loss) the rc doesn't turn off and the killswitch stays green.

Why doesn't the killswitch cut the engine??
Not sure, but I had a problem with mine and I emailed the company and the walked me rights through the issue, give em a call they will help.

For any body with this problem i used the back button on inhibit and go in reverse and reverse the back button listed as r in aux 1 then rebind in the fail safe mode
did this for hours last night then managed to make 2 dx5c and 1 dx4s controller cut the engine when swithed off,i used a button switch G inhibit then go to reverse and reverse the aux channel you are using cut out switch should turn off ,rebind in failsafe brake position this should work

Please HELP with a Sanwa/Airtronics M12 step by step instructions for Sw3 assignment setup for a Dynamite Large Scale Failsafe.

Looking forward to your urgent responses

I have a Spectrum DSX5C with an SRS6000 AVC receiver. Having the same problems with the super bee kill at radio turn off not working. I tried rebinding with the super bee turned off (select 3-way aux switch, inhibit temporary, inhibit cycling, and select 2 positions to switch option). This did not work. There is a built-in failsafe on this radio that you can't turn off or at least I haven't been able to find a way to do so. The best option I have been able to figure out is to not reverse your chosen aux. Set your chosen aux for the kill switch on a 3way switch and set up as described (select 3-way aux switch, inhibit temporary, inhibit cycling, and select 2 positions to switch option). You also must select aux #3 on the receiver. Aux #1 and #2 do not work when you turn on the AVC. When you turn the radio off all servos go back to neutral (factory failsafe) and the engine continues to run. When you turn the radio back on the aux chosen for you kill automatically goes back to -100 and kills the motor. If the radio gliches the engine should die theoretically.

Last edited:
I have a DX5 Rugged and SR6100AT receiver. I tried your setup but i didn't work for me. My fail safe is also in the receiver by the manufacturer and it only puts the throttle back to neutral setting, not able to set brakes. What is Spektrum thinking? There is nothing in the manual on how to eliminate it or adjust it. I am going to call Horizon support tomorrow to see what can be done.

that's jus a generic fail safe built in to tx/rx....and NOT a kill switch ?u need to buy/fit killswitch ?
if u hold full brakes in fail safe set up it should lock the brakes on?
I have a super bee switch installed. The fail safe is factory preset in my reciever

Try this

Ooops so do you have the KillerBee switch or not?

This video is for a older receiver than what I have . Mine doesn't use bind plugs, it has a push button. I have disabled the AVC with no problem. I have the Killer Bee switch on AUX channel 3. I should be able to run the AVC and the Killer Bee. Once i get the fail safe sorted out I am going to turn the AVC back on.

I have said this a thousand times so here it go again. Get a rubber band or a spring. It can save your vehicle just the same as a KillSwitch. Its cheaper (by a substantial amount), there is far less issues with installing and running them. If you are paranoid ,then get two and there is your backup plan on the backup plan. Its not a joke. Everyone I have convinced to do it stop running with KS and enjoy their engine gremlin issue free joytime.

I got the tip from an off road veteran with 30 odd years behind him in our hobby. And at first I too was like "whaaaa?!!!" because everybody, their dog, horse and grandmother had told me to never run without a KS installed. Then he demonstrated it and i was like..... "ohhhh....well that actually makes sense now that I see it in action".

I have said this a thousand times so here it go again. Get a rubber band or a spring. It can save your vehicle just the same as a KillSwitch. Its cheaper (by a substantial amount), there is far less issues with installing and running them. If you are paranoid ,then get two and there is your backup plan on the backup plan. Its not a joke. Everyone I have convinced to do it stop running with KS and enjoy their engine gremlin issue free joytime.

I got the tip from an off road veteran with 30 odd years behind him in our hobby. And at first I too was like "whaaaa?!!!" because everybody, their dog, horse and grandmother had told me to never run without a KS installed. Then he demonstrated it and i was like..... "ohhhh....well that actually makes sense now that I see it in action".

I don't see how this would help in a true runaway situation where the throttle is mechanically stuck open. I had that happen once where the throttle servo gear stripped and was stuck at WOT. No rubberband would have stopped my rig. Luckily it was a smaller nitro and it only hit a curb.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks