KM Baja.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks pretty good ?

It looks more cleaner than that dirty gray ,the gray seems to show more dirt ,but also ,the more I touch it ,the
cleaner it is becoming!
I know that I need to get what ever needs to be done ,I have parts laying every where ,I cant leave stuff lay!....:unsure:

Its gonna look like a brand new truck(y)

Thanx Doug.....
I have to go to the doctor this afternoon ,but tomorrow ,I get on that nose plate that you have showed from DDM ,

I don't see a plate like that on the rig ,the only skid plate there is on mine is the little plastic one ,it is ironic that you
mentioned it ,because I was thinking on fabbing one up when I took it off yesterday ,as I seen that it really don't do
nothing but maybe protect the screws from getting distorted an the finish of chassy ,may as well make something
that will function in strength ,however ,I know sh** happens ,the last miss hap was when I barely bumpd the curb ,
it crinkled the top plate ,that plate is real thin!

I have aluminum sheeting ,its nearly 1/4'' thick ,I will take step by step pics on how I will make the plate ,as
I always do ,an post my work!...(y)

I am going to fab a skid plate ,but first ,still have to finish putting the trans together after cleaning the rest ,you can also
see that the output cups where the bones go ,the slots don't have any wear ,were usually ,they would be a small dip that
would be worn in them from heavy usage!

I got the trans cleaned ,lubed an back together ,got that out of the way before it gets lost or damaged ,normally ,I don't like
to take things apart an leave them ,I like to get them back together right after!....:cool:

Is that silglyde? Kinda looks like it just a bit more reddish then my tube if it is.

Yea ,that is what it looks like when it is 5 years old ,it changes color ,but it still good ,it stiffened the diff up ,
but it rotates smoothly an doesn't feel loose!

It doesn't look like a whole lot ,but there isnt a whole lot of room in there ,I put the same stuff in the spool ,as
the spool was dry ,I am glad that I went ahead an checked it ,nothing was damaged or deformed an all the
bearings are in great shape ,so I will just roll with that for awhile ,an later after I see how it runs like that an
put some run time on it ,I will pull it back out an see how it is doing inside ,a probably put more lube in ,that
may get slung back against the sides of the casing ,I had actually dug a lot of the old out ,that is where it was
all hiding!....LOL

Yeah I bet there wasnt much in there from the get go. The ole manufacturer wasnt too worried about being generous, I'm sure lol

The spool was dry ,it appeared that something may have been ,or they just put a small dab an it dried up ,but yea ,
it was dry ,it was actually pretty spotless ,so I didnt even take the gears out ,I just greased it an put it back together!

The idle an final drive gears did have a little lube on them ,but not much ,it all seemed to be slung off an in the

crevices ,I cleaned it out ,it was blacken & nasty ,regreased ,I put more in then what I pulled out!

Trans feels more stiffer ,but not loose & sloppy ,rotates smoothly with out any catches!

I think that these are fastly mast produced an the people don't take pride or care what they are assembling ,or
they have a floor manager that forces the speed of their work!....:(

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks