KM Baja.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holly silicone!

LOL....I know ,it looks bad ,but really not ,there is none inside the engine ,that was a thin film ,it
is weird that it bunched up on the edge because I always set the parts on an not tighten them down
until after the stuff cures!

The transfer ports are already factory opened ,so I don't know what can be done ,other than exhaust port
shaved ,not sure!
I think that I might just put it back together an put a new spark plug in it for now an look for a better engine!...:cool:

It's an open transfer cylinder. There is more to be had. Out of it. Depending on what vids you've been watching you'll see mostly closed transfers. If they are saw porting vids, no one really want open transfers. Less performance out of the same displacement.

It's an open transfer cylinder. There is more to be had. Out of it. Depending on what vids you've been watching you'll see mostly closed transfers. If they are saw porting vids, no one really want open transfers. Less performance out of the same displacement.

I was watching the saw ,but the saw guy was explaining in detail why ,but I know that they are done differently for
the different power & torq ranges ,that wasnt the reason why I was watching the saw ones ,I watch the saw one to
get a better idea of the why aspects!

Them youngins just grind poop away an he-haw around!....:unsure:

Even the saws transfers werent open faced like that ,the transfers were opened up for more air & gas volume ,
but they were funneled into a smaller hole out!

Unless a closed chamber is not needed because of the skirting of the piston ,I would have to go an examine
an try to rack my brain to figure it out!....:geek:

The open transfers arnt as good for sealing the air fuel mix. Totally dependent on the piston skirt sealing well. Much easier to port. Closed transfers can run don't need to worry about the piston to cylinder sealing ability. The fuel air mix doesn't have anywhere to go till the transfers start to open. One of the things I've noticed over the years saw mfg do on semi pro saws they use open transfers, same saw but pro model used closed transfers. Same cc, bore stroke. Port timings normally within a degree or so. Even same carb the closed transfer head makes more power. Idk may just be a me thing, but I always seem to get better results from them and no so good on the open transfers. (Not that I'm a expert at porting) ymmv

I am getting it back together to see if its going to run ,I am quite sure that I fouled out the plug ,but
went ahead an pulled the head off anyways ,I am going to try an get a new engine ,as this of these times
LOL......is surely under powered!... :poop:

I cant get the fekin screw out of the crank that holds the shoe mount ,an actually ,I don't want to reuse it ,I don't need the
mount as the Shindaiwa one works from the hedger but the bolt for that one is fekin reverse ,Im fekin screwed until I find
one that fits ,I have a ton of them in my shed ,I don't want to go in there!....FEK.....

Ok ,I found a screw with out entering!......:whistle:

But is there a specific position on the mount for balance that people prefer?......:unsure:

This is it sitting before I tighten it down.

Here is the old.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks