Lets build a T.L.R. 5b

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now i just cant help my self gotta luv wrenching :LOL::ROFLMAO:(y)
got out the radio tray and stuck it in even though i do not have anything in the tray
30453679028_db5190f47c_c.jpg

F1-3 are foam block to pack round the batteri keep it secure
42513333360_2908534d27_c.jpg

44273700272_2be886d6f0_c.jpg

an etched heat shield NICE!
29385739307_a9f5afc3d9_c.jpg

What were you going with for servos again...the hitec D840/845's or something else?
yes im going to go with the hitech D840/845`s .....just going to take longer to get on the road cant find them here so another import for me. but like what you and @evssv said do it right first time round less pain later(y)

Can’t wait to get mine!
yay u getting a 5B eta? is it on back order?:unsure:

Losi quote 7hrs to build the 5B.
I can see they were being a tad optimistic
maybe if i sat down in the morning and built it from start to finish id 8/9 hours. what i did sessions of 2 hours + -
not in this huge rush. also flopped a few times lol. if you go back to page 1 i put the hub carriers on the wrong side ....woops!
also shock boots got mixed up:unsure::eek::LOL: so all took a little more time. i cheaped out i did not build with the help of a cordless screw driver
takes longer with hand tools

I grabbed mine from largescalerc.com when they had them in stock. DDM wouldn't let me use a coupon code for it but largescale would.

I will try again with DDM. Also buying a bunch of FG items for my Beetle Pro. So we will see.

Thank you!
think i bought one of two kits left @ DDM
lol i was just on horizon page looked @ the 5b noticed a few things the rear sway bar is not the same as the kit =gold
and the body got an extra vent above the cab....and screws on the front arms holding the shocks don't match:eek: #rush job!!!:LOL::ROFLMAO:
TLR05001_a9

TLR05001_a22

TLR05001_a20

The only thing I do not take joy in is painting the bodies. Never seem to get it looking perfect.

When it comes to building the kits, so looking forward to it!

maybe if i sat down in the morning and built it from start to finish id 8/9 hours. what i did sessions of 2 hours + -
not in this huge rush. also flopped a few times lol. if you go back to page 1 i put the hub carriers on the wrong side ....woops!
also shock boots got mixed up:unsure::eek::LOL: so all took a little more time. i cheaped out i did not build with the help of a cordless screw driver
takes longer with hand tools

I think that's the way I'd do it too.
You get better feel with hand tools and don't strip anything.

The only thing I do not take joy in is painting the bodies. Never seem to get it looking perfect.

When it comes to building the kits, so looking forward to it!

agree dude...I`ve actually painted a body yet......but I have 3 here to do.:cautious:...gota bnip proline desert rat upper/lower body to do....hyper7 one.....a ford hot rod body....:rolleyes:

well i have an idea of what i want lets just hope i can pull it off. thanx for that though really looking forward to that now:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Let us know where you are with the build. Also curious as some builds I hear a pull starter extension is needed. Is that what you are finding?

@Gamefan im waiting for some more parts to arrive one of them being a cy clutch plate. the clutch sticks out too far with the zenoha clutch so while the vid on ddm explains that you need a shorter clutch housing it not very clear on changing the the clutch plate. Now until that arrives i can not install my engine:rolleyes:. as for what else still need doing .....glue the tires paint the body. i have also placed an order for a lipo charger and battery bag and an on off switch and hitec d845 and d840 for steering throttle and brake. it takes 7/10 days for stuff to arrive but ill have some of it on monday/tuesday ill do more and take the pics:D(y)
Let us know where you are with the build. Also curious as some builds I hear a pull starter extension is needed. Is that what you are finding?

i have not installed the motor yet but i don't think ill need one ....i know cars like the vekta some guys use them but the 5b body is petty low no need for one

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks