Lets build a T.L.R. 5b

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in the end i cheaped out and i know there are a bunch of guys here that will:rolleyes:
i have put in an order from a local supplier( thank F#@k saving a load of $$$$) for a spektrum DX4S and it comes with the SR415 receiver.
i have been on the killer rc .com site and they have a list of all the transmitters that are compatable with the killer bee kill switch, and the DX4S is on the list. should work with out to much hassle:D
so in an few days i should have it! YAY!!!:ROFLMAO:

i have done another small mod (very small;)) when i first put the 5B together i noticed that the bart pip was touching the body right near the pull start right were my finger is touching
1538473430767.png
the mounting gear that come with the bart pipe is top notch x2 nuts x2 spring washers and this
rubber mounting part. rubber cast around two bolts
1538473675814.png
but when you fasten the nuts down this clever piece dose not compress:confused: it just get a bit of a twist in it like so
1538473832627.png
so here is my little mod it drops the pipe down by about 1.5cm. just hope in the long run the pipe
is not reliant the extra dampening
1538474119993.png

DX4S is a decent radio. It is compatible with rhe kill switch but If you get the SR4210 reciever, thats the one with the AVC built in. DISABLE THE AVC!!! Your kill switch will NOT work properly with it. The AVC hijacks 2 of the 4 channels..ultimately turning this 4ch reciever into a 2ch reciever.
If you get the SR415 you are straight. It does NOT have that AVC.

Whats the clearance of the pipe to the pull start like now? Looks like it is making contact....
it just touching the outerwears but not actually touching the pullstart cover i could always add/ make up another rubber waser:unsure:
this was all in aid of saving the the body from melt
If you get the SR415 you are straight. It does NOT have that AVC.
yip comes with SR415(y)

I had similar clearance of the pull start with a Victory RC pipe. It still made contact and melted part of the top right hand corner of the pull start away. Pull start still worked. Just cosmetic damage.

Good/Bad news!
Ill start with the good coz no one here wants to start off with S@#t:LOL::ROFLMAO:
I got the last piece of my build(y)My transmitter
1538718263716.png
comes with SR415 without AVC
1538718401012.png
now for the bad news :mad: i was setting up my servos plugged in the HT840 made loud humming sound
got real hot tested it with the trigger X1 X2 ........DEAD!!!!! tested it in other channels nothing:(
this is all before i could connect the steering linkage!!!
Now bit more good news :D so i emailed DDM and they will warranty the sevo for me(y)
which is top notch service(y) the only down side it gonna take another 10/14 days to get here:(
1538719062833.png

I have my new HT840 :D it was really quick! And for some reason i was not charged by customs on the way in(y) was expecting at least a $10 charge.
Although i did have to pay for international freight. That was all the plus +
On the flip side I'm away this week until Friday :cautious: was not even there to take delivery:eek: more +'s when i get home it will be waiting along with my set of mad max giant grip tires(y)

Last edited:
well i have every thing !!!! got a new servo :woot::happy: was a little bit of a fiddle to get all end points setup and the dual steering servo. got the killer bee setup no worries with the spektrum DX4S(y)
my giant grip tires and rims came(y):love:
next will be the break in. so from here on ill pick up on my other thread tlr basher
1539362218046.png
1539362264897.png
1539363351624.png

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks