Lets build a T.L.R. 5b

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok so im have a problem with my killer bee kill switch
when i have the car on but not running the switch seems like it do the right thing, flick the button and i get beeping red light(y)
flick the swithch again i get green(y) but if the its running and i flick the switch nothing happens not killed?(n)
i have the dxs4s tr and sr415 rx (no avc) dose any body know what to do?
1539679696603.png

I just threw in a sr415 I have as a spare to try and duplicate whats happening with yours.
I have the kill switch plugged into aux 1 on the reciever. Aux 1 is assigned to the ROSS button next to the scroll wheel on the transmitter.
If the engine is running..i push the button and the engine shuts off.

I do not have a kill switch but it sounds like the kill switch is setup with the receiver correctly but maybe isn't breaking the ignition circuit properly. Double check that you are in fact connected to the correct ignition wires you can possibly test this without the motor running with a power source and volt meter to see if the switch is in fact breaking the circuit to its connectors.

Sorry, I have the Killer B kill switch but haven't installed yet. Wish I could help.
Im too paranoid to go out of my garden with out it working properly :oops:

I just threw in a sr415 I have as a spare to try and duplicate whats happening with yours.
I have the kill switch plugged into aux 1 on the reciever. Aux 1 is assigned to the ROSS button next to the scroll wheel on the transmitter.
If the engine is running..i push the button and the engine shuts off.
Thanx for the effort(y) iv go a feeling its going to be the coil end but ill try a different button see if that get me other results

I do not have a kill switch but it sounds like the kill switch is setup with the receiver correctly but maybe isn't breaking the ignition circuit properly. Double check that you are in fact connected to the correct ignition wires you can possibly test this without the motor running with a power source and volt meter to see if the switch is in fact breaking the circuit to its connectors.
Iv check all other possible options the coil is the next stop. Was trying to avoid taking out the motor:cautious: but gotta get it sorted
so i found the problem look like i have a pin missing on the connector that goes to the coil:mad:
1539754598441.png
1539754640857.png
just cant see if its snapped off of pushed in? i would like to cut it open and see but im sure id loose my
warranty from killer rc:confused: HOLLLY COW! another long wait!

Last edited:
so i have kinda got it to work found a helpful youtube vide guy shows how these connectors go together
removed the heat shrink and pushed the pin back in
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
now it half works(y)
the engine kills remotely but if i switch the radio off still runs so its a half fix sure with a bit of mucking about ill get it right(y)

Last edited:
I see that you have the Spektrum DX4s. This radio has a fail safe system that is not programmable. If the receiver is on and you turn off the transmitter then it should automatically put it into full brake. There is no way to make this radio use a fail safe function to kill the vehicle if it looses signal from the radio.

I see that you have the Spektrum DX4s. This radio has a fail safe system that is not programmable. If the receiver is on and you turn off the transmitter then it should automatically put it into full brake. There is no way to make this radio use a fail safe function to kill the vehicle if it looses signal from the radio.
thats how iv set it up

Hey, how is it going? I just finished my build, beside the paint. I was wondering if you've had any run time and had any issues with the pipe being so close to the pull starter?

Attachments

• 5ive B.jpg
    5ive B.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 11
hi Ralph
few issues as far as the pipe i stripped my motor down few weeks back and the starter is all good. bartalone pipe comes with mounting hard
View attachment 48557
ware. id did not use it coz made the pipe too high so i made my own
1546545844034.png
so the pipe has made a small hole in the outerwears cover its smaller than the hole for the pull cord in the outerwears
the glue on tires lasted about 5 minutes:LOL:
totaled my chassis had to replace it(n) center diff sprang a leak(n) body got melted a bit had to trim it round the engine bay and right
at the back. blew up my throttle servo. what i did when i stopped posting here i have this thread and all the good and bad i have posted here https://www.largescaleforums.com/threads/tlr-5b-basher.22700/

Attachments

• 1546545655257.png
    1546545655257.png
    826.4 KB · Views: 6
Thanks. I'm going to check out that thread. I think I am going to trim the body at the top for the pipe right off the bat. I wonder if there is solution to avoid burning the outerwear on the pull starter too. +1 for the win on cutting the hex for the header, I did the same. I'm probably going to go with some steps though for the batter cover.

I also trimmed the body @ the bottom by the back wheels. The outwears did not melt but rather wore though form the pipe rubbing on it:unsure:. If i was to paint another body id get duct tape and tape on the inside of the body were the body meets the splash guards after the paint job(y). Coz my paint wore off there from rubbing on the splash guards(n)

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks