list of basic tools

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, I love this forum. Great people, excellent info.
I just ordered new spark plug and fuel filter from DDM to keep with me when I ride. I'm approaching my 100 hr maintenance. I don't know how to do it but I know this forum will see me help me get er done.

Real quick advice . Most autoparts stores sell the sparkplug you need and it may be a little cheaper than DDM as much as I like them.

Last edited:
Real quick advice . Most autoparts stores sell the sparkplug you need and it may be a little cheaper than DDM as much as I like them.
Well, the spark was $2.50 but the fuel filter was pricey at $4.99. Then I thought about how far I had to ride the bike to get to an auto parts store, a 26 mile round trip and I thought, having it delivered to my P.O. Box would save some wear and tear on the bike.

Now, who sells the Walbro clunky for less than $5? That would be a deal.

Really it's a generic filter most 2 strokes run. It looks like a stihl chain saw filter. I personally prefer the "stone" style(husquvarna). Just seems to not wear out or get clogged up as quick. Really a small inline filter would do you better then the in tank units alone. I believe DDM also sells them, however since your on a budget I would assume they could be had off ebay or amazon for cheaper.
A few options
https://www.dubro.com/products/in-line-fuel-filter

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181213-214401_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20181213-214401_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20181213-214840_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20181213-214840_Samsung Internet.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20181213-215150_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20181213-215150_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Really it's a generic filter most 2 strokes run. It looks like a stihl chain saw filter. I personally prefer the "stone" style(husquvarna). Just seems to not wear out or get clogged up as quick. Really a small inline filter would do you better then the in tank units alone. I believe DDM also sells them, however since your on a budget I would assume they could be had off ebay or amazon for cheaper.
A few options
https://www.dubro.com/products/in-line-fuel-filter
Wow SWEET! Thank you. See, you guys are the best.

No problem sunny! I rebuild lots of saws so I go through that stuff like hot cakes.
Your help is appreciated. This is the best forum ever. All the members are terrific. Not a sour apple in the bunch.

The first friction drive I ever put together used a Tecumseh chain saw motor. That was in 2004. I only had it a few months and then it was stolen. So I never got into the ongoing check ups.

I wondered about using a different filter. Thanks again for pointing me in this new direction.

Attachments

• 20181212_153754.jpg
    20181212_153754.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 11
:oops: thats huge curcial!!!! Its like the boot of an old mob car can through all manor of who knows what in There :oops::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:Lol
Yeah the more tools I bought the smaller the boxes got to put them in. I can get my soldering iron, drills, sockets, drivers, and some spare parts in it with ease. I can also use the box in the field to start the car up and work on easier keeps the cars elevated.
We Americans like our 10 body trunks ?
Yup. This is my other baby. Look at her trunk:cool:
4256.jpeg

R
Yeah the more tools I bought the smaller the boxes got to put them in. I can get my soldering iron, drills, sockets, drivers, and some spare parts in it with ease. I can also use the box in the field to start the car up and work on easier keeps the cars elevated.

Yup. This is my other baby. Look at her trunk:cool:
View attachment 48000
Wow, what a trunk.
I will keep my comparison Kim Kardasian comment to myself.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks