Milo’s Badger Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Updates so far…….

I’ve done my suspension. I didn’t record it all so I’ll explain. I made my own bypass shocks and so far they seem to look ok.

First of all I got some MIP Bypass valves. Without any mods they fit straight over the IRC shock shaft perfectly.
image.jpg

Then I drilled some hole in some 3 hole pistons. The original 3 holes are conical so should have a dual rate anyway. I didn’t bother taking photos all the way through because I’m not sure how many are actually interested. The pics below where my first attempt by hand my final version I used a mini pillar drill but I didn’t photo it. I used a 0.5mm drill bit and drill 6 extra holes. I did use this piston it was an experiment and my first attempt.
AC86AE52-0F85-41A3-AC6C-051240C429C1.jpeg
73BE47AC-F618-412B-9151-95522ED33B67.jpeg

I only bothered with the rears as there is no weight in the front under load, even in this heavy rig. Anyway finished product below, massive shout out to Fruitbat for the spring perches, way better than original and they make much easier to put together plus a bit of bling. 😎
B4BA3801-19FD-4368-B409-449D4F90F516.jpeg

I used 4 hole in the fronts with no mods, 35w all round.
81502B5F-6024-461A-A680-068915AE0601.jpeg

More to follow……..

I agree with @Milo. If using the rcmax front tower the shock shafts bind and the shock springs would potentially rub on the arm being they were not centeredi in the opening.. I've ran into this in my build as well. I had to alter my front tower and just use it as a mock up unit.. I will be using the bonehead carbon flm v1 tower. It offers so much more adjustability

It’s fighting me right now. The gearbox just binds ever so slightly when everything is buttoned up. I think it’s the ring gear on the diff. Gonna strip it again later to finally get to the bottom of this. 👍🏾

Thanks guys. 👍🏾
I have one set of blackbone gears as well that has a small bit of bind. And one set is buttery smooth. I see a couple guys having issues. I also notice as Monster said my Outlaw and Baja builds while using IRC UHD if the camber isn't set proper there's not enough travel in the cups and dogbones they will bind, also will bind at full droop if not using a sway bar setup, so limit straps/cables are a must. I'm not sure if it's the UHD cup setup not allowing the full articulation. My vektas dogbones and cups allow much more travel with zero bind.

I’ve found the issue. The notches in the diff cups on one of mine is too small and is notching. This is a separate issue from the one I was having with the gearbox. One side turns fine at full droop even though the dog bone moves from side to side slightly, the other notches when the pin is at 12 and 6 o’clock. It’s even worse when I try the other notches on the same cup. It’s a few microns out but none the less it’s enough to cause a problem. 👍🏾

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks