Motorcycle chat thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just found an exhaust leak on my rear cylinder...got dam header pipe has a crack on the edge of the weld for the bracket to hold it steady by the starter..o well ill take it to work Monday and weld it up. @Haric Any advise so it doesn't crack again? Its not the weld that cracked its the pipe at the very edge of the weld

Just me opinion here. I'd cut the bracket off. Clean up the crappy / loose bits. Welsh a plate over top of it, bit heavier then the exhaust. Then cut the bracket down for the plate thickness and weld that on the new plate. Chances are coop is right, one weld didnt penetrate the base metal correctly, that allowed it to vibrate. Which in turn caused it to crack out.

These are aftermarket :mad:...rinehart true dual exhaust system..its about $1200 system....im not looking to replace the kit yet...granted i bought this 2nd hand so im willing to work with it for awhile and since I have a bagger I like the exhaust coming out under the bags vs swept headers off the side of the engine

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks