Motorcycle chat thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if I posted this here or not, but here's some youtube links to my KX500 shifter kart. Can't even begin to explain how sick this beast was to drive. Never did get a top speed run, never had a large enough area to let her breathe on top end

At the end of this vid I actually snapped the drive chain !

I've always thought those were so cool. I've seen some do insane speeds.

I'm a few years out for that lol. But yeah one day....
IDK what you want, but financing is pretty reasonable these days. If you're looking for a sportbike I'd expect around 175-250/month depending on what you get and assuming 10% down. If you're looking for a cruiser I'd say about 200-300/month and a full touring bike (similar to my Harley) probably about 350-450/month with 10-20% down. These numbers would be assuming 4-5 year financing terms. The interest rates are pretty sucky on bikes (good rate is around 6-8%). If I could go back to when I bought my Harley, I might go with an Indian this time. IDK though, haven't test rode them, I just really like the way some of them look. I also miss my sportbikes sometimes, but man my KTM dual-sport is probably the most fun I've ever had on a motorcycle and I can take it anywhere, although I wouldn't take on trips down the interstate more than a few miles. Dual sports can be had very cheaply if you're interested in going that route. Mine is considered one of the best and it was 13k. The only reason I got such a big motor was to handle my weight better, (I'm built like the Vekta... big and chunky). You could get a 300 which would have plenty of power still and significantly cheaper.

I had an old drz 400 years back, thinking about it, we all had duel sports back then. They were great fun. Im not against the financing bit, just have other things that need attended to first. Although it's been an excellent vehicle, my wife isnt really proud to be driving a 97 honda crv. I really like my old trucks, but having something a bit newer then a 2000 would be nice as well. So we have this plan, once both the kids are in school, she gets something nice and newer (prolly another honda maybe a pilot) then I may spring for a new truck, or get a mid 90s ford crew cab and do a cummins swap. Then get a motorcycle. Kinda would like more along the lines of a gold wing, or full dresser. Idk other priorities first.

I had an old drz 400 years back, thinking about it, we all had duel sports back then. They were great fun. Im not against the financing bit, just have other things that need attended to first. Although it's been an excellent vehicle, my wife isnt really proud to be driving a 97 honda crv. I really like my old trucks, but having something a bit newer then a 2000 would be nice as well. So we have this plan, once both the kids are in school, she gets something nice and newer (prolly another honda maybe a pilot) then I may spring for a new truck, or get a mid 90s ford crew cab and do a cummins swap. Then get a motorcycle. Kinda would like more along the lines of a gold wing, or full dresser. Idk other priorities first.
Man those new Goldwings are sick. If you're into that ride feel, they're amazing bikes for sure.

I'm a few years out for that lol. But yeah one day....

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/wi8Ez1mwRcKGI" width="480" height="478" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
">via GIPHY</a></p>
So we have this plan, once both the kids are in school, she gets something nice and newer (prolly another honda maybe a pilot) then I may spring for a new truck, or get a mid 90s ford crew cab and do a cummins swap. Then get a motorcycle. Kinda would like more along the lines of a gold wing, or full dresser. Idk other priorities first.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/13acVyyFdFGcAU" width="480" height="272" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
">via GIPHY</a></p>

Last edited:
Here's a rare bike for you guys....2005 ktm 450smr....factory supermoto 1 of 12 imported to the us in 05. And i bought it with a street title:cool:.. its long gone now it paid the downpayment on a vehicle but the memory will always be there for this thing
20180219_184239.jpg
And im sure some of you seen this in the toys thread I started ...the current bike the bottom pic is where I started modifying
Polish_20200702_173058396.jpg

Here's a rare bike for you guys....2005 ktm 450smr....factory supermoto 1 of 12 imported to the us in 05. And i bought it with a street title:cool:.. its long gone now it paid the downpayment on a vehicle but the memory will always be there for this thing
View attachment 64913
And im sure some of you seen this in the toys thread I started ...the current bike the bottom pic is where I started modifying
View attachment 64914
orange beast ?.....would b stolen within the wk around here?

I bought it for 4,000 us and it had a fresh engine in it with no run time..i lucked out big time...i just swapped over street tires since it still had slicks and put some lights on it...funny thing is I actually ran the lights off a 14v graphene battery for an rc car because i didn't want to install a exc stator in it. It was a wild ride for sure.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks