My 5ive b build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right bit of an update with my build thread, Iv ran it for half a tank today so far its absolutely amazing! Turns very quickly and its a lot faster than i thought it would be, i was expecting the g290 to feel under powered but its the total opposite.

Also it got its first upgrade installed this evening.

32550081467_28c54db26d_b.jpg

Good to hear you are loving the 5b? Its an awsome 5th scale.
26-29cc is what tlr recommend. Larger engines may need more cooling.
My 29.5cc obr full mod is more than enough for racing.
People who just bash on the other hand. Bigger is always better ?

Good to hear you are loving the 5b? Its an awsome 5th scale.
26-29cc is what tlr recommend. Larger engines may need more cooling.
My 29.5cc obr full mod is more than enough for racing.
People who just bash on the other hand. Bigger is always better ?

I noticed my throttle servo was very hot towards the end of my run, and i only ran half a tank. Iv only got a couple of small holes drilled in the body at the minute so il be drilling a few more before i take it out tomorrow. Overall im very happy with it.

@tanveer on the petrol tank swop fule lines there's a letters on the petrol tank outlet F and R return goes to the side of the carb with the prime bubble on . Feed goes on the underside of the carb

I swapped the fuel lines over this mprning before taking it for a run bud. So now the black hose goes to flow and the clear one is return. Is that the correct way?

Got to spend a couple of hours with the 5ive b this morning, got two tanks through it but i noticed it was getting extremely hot under the body shell and the throttle servo was almost too hot to touch. I let it cool down for half an hour and ran it again for a while without the body shell and it stayed completely cool. Sat down tonight and cut a part of the body shell away and cut a few more holes, some more testing will be done tomorrow.
46785779504_813e9e8e68_b.jpg

47509510681_6b790014ee_b.jpg

Have been out today running the 5ive b again, it runs much cooler with the front window cut out and the extra side cut outs. But the inside was getting very dirty very quickly, so i used an old air filter i had laying around in the garage and meshed up the front window....Also lost a screw for the rear turnbuckle, checked the manual and i completely forgot to put the m5 nyloc on the front of it so its just popped off. I thought i had broken something at first.

32609474567_a6c2e8e041_b.jpg

33675250048_bd228416cd_b.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks