My 5iveT v1.5 basher build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did u tube the brass hi flow fittings:unsure:..as in this Imo/experaince the fittings don't make a very good seal if just pushed in(n).....but the tube nakes for a very tight seal(y)...i run this on 4x of my 1/5th 's(y)

I don’t have this mod done yet. I just installed the FullForce fuel line kit yesterday, ran it one time so far didn’t notice any fuel leaks

I don't think you should need to do any mods using the full force feul line kit. I have it in the 5ive T and the DBXL. No leaks whatsoever...i did have to get a different grommet for the dbxl to fit right though..the stock grommet leaked with the ffrc feul line kit.

The FlySky remote arrived today, didn’t waste any time in installing it. For a $30 remote, it sure feels good.

I also finished up the KillSwitch installation. I set it to channel 3, and so far I believe I have it set up properly....
I can kill the engine with the 3rd ch. And when I shut off the radio it kills the engine immediately.
014AAC05-D9E8-4FBA-A964-45ECAE4F6133.jpeg

Last edited:
There's an updated breather for the snappy kit.... I just got my kit a bit ago didn't get a chance to put it on yet, but it said in the description "comes with upgraded breather" guess they had issues with the first version

Took the clan out today. My kids drive the Erevo and slash 4x4 running. The losi did great, one tank of fuel lasted longer then 5 packs of lipos lol.
My kids said the electric rc’s need to go they want GAS POWER now. My daughter wants a Losi 5ive-B and my son a Vedka

The 5ive T, feels great with the new servos.... I’m still playing around with the end point settings to get it the way I want.... both steering and throttle need finessing....

26D2A217-AAE5-46C4-9578-1796BFA04671.jpeg

I need some advice here **
So I installed new fuel lines, air intake / filter and a new exhaust and throttle servo....
And I haven’t touched the carb settings AT ALL.... it turns on with 2/3 pulls, idles fine, take off is smooth and top end seems ok.
I thought I would need to retune the carb after these upgrades ??

Last edited:
Took the clan out today. My kids drive the Erevo and slash 4x4 running. The losi did great, one tank of fuel lasted longer then 5 packs of lipos lol.
My kids said the electric rc’s need to go they want GAS POWER now. My daughter wants a Losi 5ive-B and my son a Vedka

The 5ive T, feels great with the new servos.... I’m still playing around with the end point settings to get it the way I want.... both steering and throttle need finessing....

View attachment 48011

I need some advice here **
So I installed new fuel lines, air intake / filter and a new exhaust and throttle servo....
And I haven’t touched the carb settings AT ALL.... it turns on with 2/3 pulls, idles fine, take off is smooth and top end seems ok.
I thought I would need to retune the carb after these upgrades ??
if its fine..leave it alone imo(y)..and I'd avoid the vekta (y)..way more hassle then there worth:poop::poop:

Last edited:
HELP with setting up STEERING SERVO - Hitec 845....

I tried setting up the servo arm so I can leave the TRIM as close to ZERO.
But I’m having no luck.
I either have to trim completely one way or the other so it can go straight...???<—— is this normal ???

I have played with the end points and I’m able to make full turns LEFT & RIGHT
Just having to trim so much one way bothers me. Why can’t I get it set at zero ?

I’m having distance issues with the FlySky 3ch.
It’s cutting off at about 200 yards...killer Rc kill switch does it’s job by killing the engine.

Also there is a 1second lag from radio to the car. Steering seems fine, the lag is more in the throttle.....??? Can’t be normal

If I keep it in range the remote feels ok minus the annoying 1 second lag on the throttle...

Any ideas ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks