my new toy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow....

that does look different!

Awesome mate!!

Now i really want an on-road again! lol

yes mate its come a long way since buying it from you,, and although it looks like its cost a fortune it really wasn't that bad nearly all the parts that have been fitted since you owned it were second hand from ebay or stolen from the bug like the engine ect,

and as you can see its now all alloy&carbon with hydros all round and running real power

ive still got the stock 23cc that was in her which couldn't have been used much im keeping just for a spare

since the last pics ive changed a few more things first the heavy top deck brace has been removed the ecu now lives on the battery tray next to rx box

the blue has gone I wasn't happy with it so back to bare and redone sounds easy yeah right after prepping it went met burnt orange didn't suit the car rubbed it down then it went pearl black base with candy magenta looked great till clear coat went wrong and that was the final straw it got lobbed

after calming down I started again this time it got stripped back to the lexan refilled smoothed and plastic primered then high build primer over that

after a good week of work it was ready for paint first up wheel silver as a base coat then candy root beer a proper old skool 70's brown colour over this went a good dusting of metallic course white this don't come out like white its more flake that picks up reflections and looks like a heavy metallic

and some 2k clear coat

indoors the car looks great you hardly notice the met course white it just looks brown take it to the sun however things happen it is bonkers it catches the sun like mad pics don't don't do this any justice at all

first up candy magenta over pearl black

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and now candy root beer met flake over silver

a few little changes since last post

first up new shocks some mecatech bigbores these are just made so nice and look and feel wicked was I bit of a mare getting them fitted right but probably me being picky they are another second hand bargain and hardly used they came complete with 5 pairs of springs ranging from 2.5-2.9 in thickness there so simple to fill with out getting trapped air and look sick in black ano

next up a new switch much better than what I had and its ok to use with lipo

next up I had these knocking about from a old pc and ive been dying to use them for something so shoved them on the cage to try and suck some hot air out and from the engine ??? might work who knows but they do look cool and move a lot of air,, they would look wicked on the rear of a losi 5t or sjort course truck

that's about it I have since change the springs ive gone a bit stiffer and fitted some harm lower shock screws and quick release mounts on the front, and made a custom wiring harness for servos so they run direct from battery ,, im nearly done with the blue nuts and bits next up a lipo battery to power servos fans and the lights

Is the colour changing once a month?
What's it going to be for Christmas?
Just joking mate.
I actually liked the 'Magenta over Pearl Black look' of the colours there.

What's with the Brabham fan car look? Do they make much of a difference?

Nice looking chassis.
Would like to have a 1:1 'Batmobile' on the drive ....
Al.

lol yeah I have changed the csl colour a few times the blue looked best ive swapped the shells over again gone back to the white one it just fits better plus im not to keen on the brown colour might be time to just paint it how it should have always been bmw csl race colours white with the stripes

as for the fans don't know but I do know this thing when being abused gets hot and even after 10-20 mins you can still feel the heat coming out the windows the amount of air the fans move it cant hurt to try them the blow straight out the rear window directly at the rear wing so who knows I just had to use them mate

ok new year new mods first up some 1/5 scale uk number plates

next up lights

and a 2 speed box with 22/42 24/40 its a tight fit with the pipe but it fits

nearly done all the blue bits lol

and heres a sneaky peak of whats going on with the csl under going a monthly face lift lol lets just say its been under the knife and had some major plastic surgery

Is the colour changing once a month?
What's it going to be for Christmas?
Just joking mate.
I actually liked the 'Magenta over Pearl Black look' of the colours there.

What's with the Brabham fan car look? Do they make much of a difference?

Nice looking chassis.
Would like to have a 1:1 'Batmobile' on the drive ....
Al.

I agree al. its been a few colours now mate I should never changed the blue but its done now better on this shell than a brand new one,, whats coming next though with the csl I think you will love theres more been done to the shell than you cant really see in that pic although your looking at a massive change not long to wait few more weeks maybe some more sneaky pics soon

some more csl pics this has been under the knife and undergone some plastic surgery lol its been narrowed by about 10-15mm per side so now its a direct fit without any chassis changes onto a stock width fg @395mm-400mm no need for mega wide wheels this fits straight on only mod is to lower rear body posts

still loads of prep needed but id thought id share my progress

few more mods done first up a carbon rear shock tower I had to cut bits off the alloy shock tower for this to fit
100_1351_zps2d9c26cd.jpg
100_1333_zps57476506.jpg

next up a home made fuel breather catch tank seen a few for sale but thought id make one out of a old set of crappy shocks from the early stages of the bug build
100_1331_zpse4439f42.jpg
100_1357_zps9c605576.jpg

got a few more filter foams as well from ebay super cheap bargain £1.20 + postage for 5 result

rn filter foam fitted and the stock 23cc shelf engine fitted in its Ferrari colours

all brake lines have now been replaced and tidied up and shielded in high temp wrap nr exhaust and under diff, due to last outing the pipe joint split and melted through rear brakes,

exhaust has been cleaned inside with petrol+nitromorse shaken about full of petrol with loose nuts ect the filth that came out was shocking before I started I could hardly blow through it after it was free flowing all the padding in the silencer was broken up and bits missing so its also been repacked along with new joint and seals

have changed diff for a viscous one from ebay ive cleaned/rebuilt it and polished it up,, might look at fitting extra plates so it will have 12 6 each side like on the lauterbacher one

100_1348_zps3ebb91c3.jpg
100_1347_zps4a0ae885.jpg
100_1346_zps30d47757.jpg
100_1362_zps6d745858.jpg

more on the csl soon as well

Last edited:
a good mate of mine treated me to a obr billet bottom end for helping him out with his new pet shop as a thank you,

this is possibly the best looking bottom end ive ever seen this thing is just perfect and made so nice I couldn't choose which engine it was going on but went on this ive wanted to use the 29cc oddie lump in the touring car for ages and the 23cc oddie lump's fitted with the tps red race ignition which wont fit this bottom end so that's going back into the bug for a while

plus I just couldn't let this obr bottom end get shot blasted and covered in mud in the bug

100_1487_zps69d7fb7b.jpg
100_1486_zps83d0d0a3.jpg
100_1490_zpsca20c48f.jpg
100_1493_zpsb5b7a87c.jpg

other little mods ive done since last post carbon battery holder with voltspy2 and volt meter

100_1501_zps25c00a77.jpg
100_1494_zps1fd23a60.jpg

plus I butchered a old fg alloy fg bumper and mounted it to the cage

100_1496_zps92d951c7.jpg

Last edited:
ok its been ages since the csl beemer shell was cut and shut to allow fitting with standard width chassis and without deep dish rims

ive still got to clean up the windows and a couple of other small details but hes it now

100_1569_zpsa6ca0699.jpg
100_1571_zps0474301b.jpg
100_1568_zps5f048e4d.jpg
100_1570_zps89518b33.jpg

another bit of carbon for the car found these servo arms mega cheap and look great found some 25t alloy disc's and modded the arms to suit

100_1551_zps253e8eeb.jpg
100_1549_zps52380de6.jpg
100_1550_zps740003ce.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks