Need soldering iron suggestions please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya I know u weren't blowing smoke up ur ass. I'm tryna get as much info as I can get. I posted my last post to make sure I was getting the right stuff. That's why I said correct me, didn't mean to offend anyone

No biggy no offence taken . As I was typing that reply it made me think . No one on here knows me from Adam so really why should some one take my advice over someone else's . As for the solder SN63/37 or SN60/40 are both fine. One has a bit more lead than the other.. Both are rosin core solders . Neither is lead free which makes them easy for the hobbiest to work with . If you haven't done soldering before I would suggest finding some wire and practice soldering the wires together . Watch a few vids on you tube . The most agravating part may be the sleeve on the wire pulling away from the soldering tip(melting) . I use to build /make cable harnesses . I have to much experience at it and it can be a pain in the ass.

No biggy no offence taken . As I was typing that reply it made me think . No one on here knows me from Adam so really why should some one take my advice over someone else's . As for the solder SN63/37 or SN60/40 are both fine. One has a bit more lead than the other.. Both are rosin core solders . Neither is lead free which makes them easy for the hobbiest to work with . If you haven't done soldering before I would suggest finding some wire and practice soldering the wires together . Watch a few vids on you tube . The most agravating part may be the sleeve on the wire pulling away from the soldering tip(melting) . I use to build /make cable harnesses . I have to much experience at it and it can be a pain in the ass.
I do have a little bit of experience, soldered pretty badly cuz the iron didn't get hot enough. So I'll practice before I go to the actual part. I'm taking your advice because most others agree with it. ?Thx

It means I wasn't blowing smoke up your ass yesterday with the info I gave you . I have 30 plus years as an Assembler and Manufacturing eng. In the electronic industry . Everything I suggested is from personal experience like the info that others have given you. I don't expect anyone to no this because you folks don't know me personally. And that's ok.
Great now we know who to ask about soldering(y)

Dear Members,
I solder very little on my gas 5th scales.
My experance is just soldering connectors for my receiver if they come apart or I need to lengthen them.
I use a small butane torch with a soldering head attachment that comes with it. It works for me and no cord to deal with.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

You can get a cheap pair of the helping hands at Harbor Freight Tools to save you some cash and they also sell packs of heat shrink. The hobbico iron comes with 2 flat tips.

Lol. We used to use something similar at work. You can get them at most better hardware stores and auto parts places.

Yup I forgot all about them. I saved to my favorites in Amazon so I can order them . I have a little battery operated soldering Iron I bought from Radio shack years ago . It works but its not the greatest . If I don't have to buy a soldering iron I will go that root .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks