New Kraken Vesla.5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a zen or a clone :unsure:, I'm not sure what other brand there is as basically everyone in a small bore copied zenoah? Or is this like a chicken or the egg question🤷‍♂️ tbh idk and if we go back to the og baja wasn't that a cy?

Subscribed!

I in terms of 1:5 scale, I have the 5B TLR (XLX2/1100kv combo), 5T 2.0 ('big daddy' Max4/560kv combo - 12s) & 5T Team Chase 'SWB' (Flier 400amp/TP 5680 - 16s).

Also have the DBXLE 2.0 (XLX2/1100kv combo) but yeah I know that is a toy in comparison to the others haha

I must say that I am drawn towards buying a Kraken as I do like their platform :)

I’ll wait to buy one of these until I hear some solid reviews from people I trust. I almost never buy fifth scale products that are newly released. My quick opinion from just my eye balls are that the shock angle is highly suspicious. Seems like they are being laid down too aggressively because they wanted a specific body but I suspect that a better angle is a lot more stood up. Most likely it will handle like a boat but what do I know🤷‍♂️

I’ll wait to buy one of these until I hear some solid reviews from people I trust. I almost never buy fifth scale products that are newly released. My quick opinion from just my eye balls are that the shock angle is highly suspicious. Seems like they are being laid down too aggressively because they wanted a specific body but I suspect that a better angle is a lot more stood up. Most likely it will handle like a boat but what do I know🤷‍♂️
Shock angle affects spring rate. The harder you lean them over the heavier spring you'll need to get the same effect as straight up. This can be beneficial to an extent, but over 40* you pissing in the wind imo. Dampening effect of the shocks (real shocks) could also be negatively effected. I don't think this really applies to rc shocks with simple holes in the pistons.

There's really no straight position with the vesla. The geometry gets slightly better, but not ideal imo. I would assume they did it like this since they are supposed to be the same shocks as the vekta. Which should be a much heavier rig. Laying the shocks down more will use up some of that heavy spring rate.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks