New Kraken Vesla.5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@niz55 I was wondering about that since they designated it as a k320 and haven't mentioned if it was a zenoah, for the price tag I'm disappointed in their choice. I have seen a zenoah crankshaft on ebay in a kraken packaged bag tho, also it was about double the amount if bought from ddm as a zen part.

Upon further inspection its a clone engine as a zen has the bolt on transfer ports, looked at rovans site and they too have bolt on covers. I'm not sure what engine they used but it's not a zen. Also that carb insulator is suspect.Screenshot_20221111-005222_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
We're on the same page :LOL:... for that price tag that's absolutely ridiculous that a name brand put a clone engine in.

Appears to be a rofun engine, I'm kinda confused as some pics show a removable transfer cover and some are just solid cast into the head. Kraken had a picture of the engine in the vesla with no screws holding the port cover.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3543025221...ar=623697647441&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Last edited:
I absolutely agree @niz55 , something that's costing more than a 5t and has a clone is just unacceptable, like you said offer it as a kit if we choose to for-go their choice of engine.

It appears kraken is trying to be a quality name brand but they took a page out of rovans play book with that one.

Last edited:
Yes that’s terrible. Kraken? You reading this? Hello? Hey guys pushing a premium brand with clone parts!

But my plans for the engine is the shelf anyway. Then kijiji. But mine will have Taylor power in it. Can’t say any more.
We need a kit!

That's pathetic. Makes me wonder what they are thinking. I'll be waiting for a kit version either way. I will admit I'd rather the electric version if a kit version doesn't cone out. At least they used a decent esc and motor in it.

My thoughts if your staying small bore then baja is the way to go. so price out the parts to see if you want all that the vesla offers

Big bore then this depending on what upgrades you might want from what I can see this should take a 50gt with no issues the taylor upgrades are more targeting 65 and up engines even then you probably need metal spur gear and alloy Trans case metal chassie braces.
Anything else is just for guys that want to trickout there cars

So price out what would make a baja up to the vesla specs

Irc shocks
Blackbone gears
Irc diff
Kraken lay shaft
Tsk b cage
Kraken arms, red arrow or flm or rpm
TR servo saver
Hubs with bigger bearings
Upgraded brake system
Plus you need servos
Heavy duty turnbuckle
Remember all the plastic parts on the baja are smaller in size and thickness

Give or take maybe you won't need tsk b cage find a cheaper cage

Last edited:
There is No ! way a baha will handle as well as a vesla , forget it , but if your good with driving in a straight line allll day , get another baha , cuz I'm sure you have one already , we all do , hell no , get one of the best in quality design , or for crap sakes get what's new to the rc world just for giggles n messy shorts 😂 my baha is very well built , but comes nowhere close to the handling on our track compaired to my VEKTA5, what so ever

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks