New to me 5ive t

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phoenix08

I'm not new to fifth scale, just to the Losi platform. Pickes this up for a runner today...honestly think I did...ok.

I know the chassis braces are turtle, the radio tray is and FIP set( assuming all the servo mounts etc are.). Was...surprised to pick it up and find out it had the OBR 46 combo, I thought it was a g340 from the bad pictures I had seen.

Aside from a thorough degreasing, new fuel line and the tank ungunked, the anything important im missing here? It has no boots on the drive cups at the hubs, I don't know if these do( little research required.

For 400$ I feel like I didn't do too bad.
20210120_141728.jpg

20210120_141541.jpg

I was definitely planning some new gaskets.

I don't know much about these motors, I've never been interested in big bore motors in my HPIs, they don't fit my driving style and are rough on drive trains ( my opinion guys, yall run whatever you want.... I'm gonna enjoy "testing" the twin in my other thread). Are they good motors? OBR is not known for selling junk, but...

Dude that's not a score, it's theft! You stole that thing!!???
I will say it was 400+ the refresh on the 5sc... but I kinda wanted to play with that anyway soo...
An rcmax 40gt will spank it on 3 wheels??? the 46 is not known for being a great performer ?
Well that blows. Still... it was included. I can't female dog to much, cause it would have gotten a stock 340 otherwise.

proper bargain that b :oops: ?
Pretty sure a full mod 34cc will poop on that 46
yyiw?
....even with no engine it'd b worth that anyways imo?....3x savox jumbos aint cheap ?
Oh crap that bad?
me mate got a fresh one in his fresh 5ive....?..which I've yet to run aganist ?.....but 1st runs before the rebuild didnt look very impressive tbh?
..but u may have a good un?
good strip..clean...freshen up and u could ask 600 easy imo .. ?...obv not to anyone on here now as we know how much u paid☹.....?......?

Last edited:
Atleast you didn't pay for a 5t and THEN a boat anchor 46. Everything is still in your favor but there is better options than that thing
It'll probably get replaced when it dies, but for right now it will be a fun engine to tinker with. I was expecting a dead 30 or smaller tbh.

Whats the big issue with them, not enough revs or?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks