New to me 5ive t

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one has CY markings on the crank case.

Lord I had a guy freak out on me for implying that cy might be making parts/all of rovans motors. He apparently does R&D for them.* eyeroll*
Rovan motors are not cy . They say that, but they aren't. Cy motors are extremely reliable. They don't make much power but they are good stock engines. Rovan engines are trash , unreliable,and don't make power lol

To me a clone engine is taking credit for a design that had plenty of r&d money put in for them to copy and sell at max profit. Thats my gripe with that and I won't support clone engines or rigs

Rovan motors are not cy . They say that, but they aren't. Cy motors are extremely reliable. They don't make much power but they are good stock engines. Rovan engines are trash , unreliable,and don't make power lol

Based on the markings from the ones I've handled, they appear to be coming from the same factory.

I have a hunch rovan motors are a lot liek a lot of products produced in that region...... you tell the factory what you want to pay per unit, and how many, they adjust materials and QC to accommodate

Based on the markings from the ones I've handled, they appear to be coming from the same factory.

I have a hunch rovan motors are a lot liek a lot of products produced in that region...... you tell the factory what you want to pay per unit, and how many, they adjust materials and QC to accommodate
Maybe so , but they're is definitely a difference between the two. there's a reason hpi and Losi used to put them in their rigs, they are extremely reliable.

You scored on this... look at it this way I paid $1482 for my 2.0 plus a transmitter around 140 plus my total from DDM is 1,761.81. From Detroit performance for the red arrow i paid just under 600 for the engine with overnight shipping and the olimat pipe was 236 shipped plus other odds and ends and new wheels and tires off the forum

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks