New to1/5 Scale..Slawhammer's Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man slawhammer this is an awesome thread you are doing here,im always way too busy reading to even reply,keep it up, i love this........

SUPER WORK!!!

you should start doing r/c modds for people and set up your own webshop.

if economy picks up again i may open up my own shop and start selling/repairing these....

i would definatly start selling them and see how a batch goes.

Csp..I remember you sent my that info before..on the screen by slammer..
I still like what I did better..with the alum auto body patch..and 100% clear silacone
But thanks my friend....Slawhammer

TeamChrome..Yup Dark soul has some nice stuff..but I am not paying $300 for a lower
case..Not when i can get 1 from DDM for $40....But thanks for sharing....Slawhammer

Dc..even tho most of this is about the Duratrac firehammer...some things still
apply to other RC units..Like the engine...basicly the engines are the same in each
different RC Unit....Now I am talking a stock engine...nothing changed..top ends
cranks or porting work....Thanks for your reply...Slawhammer

Arbor Press

Ok ..last fall I bought a arbor press..hey good deal for 30 bucks...cuz sooner or
later I knew I would need to use it...Enclosed pictures of Press....
All Replies welcome...Slawhammer

Last edited:
Pressed bearings

Ok..so now after showing you the arbor press.....I have the bearings pressed into
the lower case half's....So next step will be the oil seals.....
Enclosed picture of pressed bearings...All replies welcome....slawhammer

Last edited:
Csp..I remember you sent my that info before..on the screen by slammer..
I still like what I did better..with the alum auto body patch..and 100% clear silacone
But thanks my friend....Slawhammer

Did the same thing you did! Some people don't like to get dirty with their rc's! :)

engine build

Csp,Teamchrome.dc..Nothing wrong with mud..as long as you got your electronic's
protected from the elements.....
So ..I got the oil seals installed..simple to do apply oil to the seals and press in by hand..
Enclosed picture of that....Ok then from there is the crank to be installed...
I first cleaned the lower half's with detnatured alc..the gasket surface...applyed a thin
layer of #2 permatex sealer to each lower case half..let tack up and get sticky...
Enclosed picture of the case halfs...apply the gasket to the lower case that has the 3 small pins to help hold the gasket in place.........Enclosed pictue....more to come
up next will be install the crank with the piston......Slawhammer

Last edited:
engine build

Ok now for the crank....there is a skall dot or circle or arrow on top of the piston
make sure that face's the exhaust side of the cylinder.....apply oil to the crank sgaft and to the oil seals ..inside lipof oil seals..install crank in 1 half of lower case...then the other case...now ..put blue lock tie on the case bolts and snug down slightly loose..do all 4
lower case bolts that way..when all 4 case bolt are in place..tighten a little in a cross pattern back and forth around the lower case bolts tell tight...I know there is a toruqe for these....if you use a t allen 4mm the handle should have a split..soyou not going to get to crazy with over tighten the bolts....More to come..next will be the base gasket and marine head cylinder..followed by the Dark Soul Cooling head......
enclosed pictures........slawhammer

Last edited:
Back