New to1/5 Scale..Slawhammer's Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sexy Air Filter Cover

Why Bigger The Better are you a bit envious.....With the nail polish.........well if so .... I am sure will like my outerware preairfilter cover then.......Like I said all new look for the beetle ....Have a good laugh.......Slawhammer....

Attachments

• Per air filter.jpg
    Per air filter.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 8
hehehe....
good lord slaw...i don't even wanna know how come you got a pic of those on the floor....but damn...that was funny.....
hehehe...

Slaw's Pit Crew

KWAKR: Those are brand new just from the store.....

TRIP: yeah your right ..just would not be right for me..
But now my pit crew could us them for sure......
Have a look at Slaw's pit crew........Droole.......
Enjoy my friends..................Slawhammer...............

Attachments

• Pit Crew.jpg
    Pit Crew.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Why Bigger The Better are you a bit envious.....With the nail polish.........well if so .... I am sure will like my outerware preairfilter cover then.......Like I said all new look for the beetle ....Have a good laugh.......Slawhammer....

:lol::lol: I needed a :laugh:. Good comeback!:2guns:

Bigger the Better & Trip...Ya know I thought I would see if I could get 1 up on you guys
seeing how you like to joke around at times.....Yeah trip I was in the dollar store or general
dollar store and the idea hit me,,so I am only out a buck for the joke any way...
Slawhammer

Marine Cylinder Mod

Up Date: This week end was a family thing so I did not have much time for the forums
or the firehammer project....What time I did have I checked out a couple of boat guys
forum's on the marine head modifications....I did manage to get the head pretty well done
Cut down the transfer's by 1/2" as recomended and rounded off...intake is so slight of
a opening 1/8"....,,So now the marine head has to be matched to the lower case...
It is real close the way it is now ..with out and work.....I am waiting on copper gasket &
piston,,,
the kit came with a paper one...But want to change that out......
The kit came with a zenoah piston..But I am changing it out for a CY piston...there a
better piston...still using 28mm stock soild crank....If you are going to use a stroker
crank..It was recommended to use a stuffed 1 mmcrank.......
So that's where I am for the new engine......I should get it built up this week....
Enclosed 2 pictures...first is non modified of the clyinder..second is the modified cylinder
you can see the fransfer's cut down....there in the center..on the side........look like a narrow metal strip.....All replies Welcome........Slawhammer

Attachments

• Non Mod Cyl.JPG
    Non Mod Cyl.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 12
  • mod cyl.jpg
    mod cyl.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 13
Bigger The Better..It is not bad to do..just take your time go slow ..small cuts..
little work with the hand diamond files...Yeah the Cylinder is cheap enough $35 Bucks
if screw up..make a good paper weight or ash tray if ya smoke....
Lower case and cylinder fit almost perfact......
The last modification ..I make a .0002 thousands cut it the ring groove..from top of piston
down 2mm past the ring groove.....( this is for heat as the piston expands),,This is where you get a seazed piston......I got that all done...I installed the piston on to the crank...Now those wrist pin clips are a real female dog I tell you.....
No copper gaskets today....That's all I am waiting for to build this engine up...
Ya I ordered a spare as well...
No need for a picture of the cut on the ring groove..can not hardly see it......
So get in there and do a engine mod...just do a lot of research on porting and engine mods....go slow.....real time killer to do .....I don't think I will do another one...
But was glad I did this one...I will let the engine builder's do them...
besides most work is about $70 bucks to have done by a engine builder...Just send them your engine.....BTB Thanks for your reply...All Replies Welcome..Slawhammer

Bigger The Better,,My machinest friend was too busy to get to it today..said he could by end of the week....I then went out to the trade school..Talked to a instructor..ask him if he could do some thing..I told him it was for my RC project...That was in the morning...
he said to check back with him after lunch...He did it on his lunch break...Said he wanted to see my project with the engine......I said ok..end of this week or next week...
plus a 12pk beer....some deal ....you can't harly see the cut just a shiny spot..
but the whole piston is shiny.......I need to get a mini lathe......Thanks for asking
All replies Welcome......Slawhammer...........

Lower Case Screen Mod

while waiting for parts to arrive..I decided to get a jump start on the screen mod...
Most of you have done this all ready...For those's who have not yet..You should...
save ya from buying a fly wheel....Bigger The Better remember's me posting up broken
fly wheel fins a while back.....couple of other small things working on as well..
will post pictures later...All Replies Welcome...Slawhammer.....
PS Added..and of course the starter screen mod as well....

Attachments

• new screen mod.jpg
    new screen mod.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Starter Screen Mod.jpg
    Starter Screen Mod.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
while waiting for parts to arrive..I decided to get a jump start on the screen mod...
Most of you have done this all ready...For those's who have not yet..You should...
save ya from buying a fly wheel....Bigger The Better remember's me posting up broken
fly wheel fins a while back.....couple of other small things working on as well..
will post pictures later...All Replies Welcome...Slawhammer.....

Super job on the screens Slaw. I did the engine on my FG simular to that, it would sure be nice if a manufacturer made some thing like that.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks