New Vekta owner!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The front of the rcmax chassis doesn’t have enough bend. Put the 3 bottom screws in on the steering plate except for the last two that doesn’t line up. Don’t tighten them. Give the front bumper a push and put the top screw in on the right side first, don’t tighten it. Then do the same on the left. Once both screws are in, give the front bumper a push while tightening the screws

Last edited:
Yeah I will try that in a little while when I get home.I know even with the factory chassis it needed a little pressure but you eould think when you are paying for all of these billet parts it kind of sucks having to use that much pressure to try to get screws in and maybe screw up the threads or opening to the threaded holes.RcMax makes killer parts but it just seems like it needs way too much pressure.Thanks guys

Disconnect that servo arm, that'll help too and the center chassis brace...get your steering brace plate on first, then connect center chassis brace..definitely has to slide up further on the upper pins. You'll get it
I've totally disassembled mine a few times already..so I've gotten the hang of this..make sure you dropped your gears in the case in the right direction or the wheels won't turn the same direction...its a simple fek up when you drop the diff in the rcmax case

Made a bit more progress. I just have a few more bolts and she is pretty much done.I did strip a front shock bolt so I am waiting on that and patiently waiting for my good friend Haric to carve out some time for those kick ass battery boxes.

View attachment 70575View attachment 70576View attachment 70577View attachment 70578
Love it! Dam nice job on her.
Looking good brother. I’m gonna try to work on them this weekend????
??????????

Haric no rush man I am pretty patient.

Thanks Sean she isn't the prettiest but I like how she is turning out.I still have a few small odds and ends that need to go on but nothing major other than the wheels.

Portcity and blackrain thanks a lot guys you have some really sick rigs too I am just trying to keep with the Jones's

PXL_20210321_015543750.jpg

Alright so I am having all sorts of issues finishing this thing up and I am currently aggravated so I am taking a breather and sort of regretting going this deep into the build but that may just be my frustration talking.

First issue is the side plates that have the tubes running horizontally between them seems to have a some play somewhere but I can't seem to figure out why it is very slight but noticeable.I thought it may just be the play in the hubs but it isn't and it is driving me insane.I removed all the cross tubed rear sway bar/torsion bar and links and the slight movement continues to baffle me.

The second problem is the drivetrain it has serious binding issues and I think I may have put the gear in the diff backwards but I don't want to tear everything down if it isn't the problem.I need some help from you guys if you don't mind.I am assuming if the gear is in backwards when I spin the rear wheels the fronts spin in the opposite direction or will they spin in the same direction or is that even a way to diagnose it?

I really would appreciate some help guys.Thanks

If you flipped the one of the diffs the front and rear will spin the opposite direction of each other. So I doubt it's that. The mesh is preset and theres no way to change it, so that shouldnt be the issue. Could it be the brakes hanging up? The shafts and puck on mine were tight as all get out in the vertigo trans, I had to kinda work them a bit and lubed them up good till they both slid freely. Other then that I'm a bit miffed. Would have to starte at mine for a wile to see where there could be bind issues in the drive train.
Your side plates have slop in them side to side or front to back?

Rear drive shaft is also easy enough to separate to see if the binding goes away, or at least take the rear axle out of it. Just need to pop the upper link mount bolts out, and rotate the rear back to separate the shaft. Let it hang and rotate one of the rear tires. Should be able to tell if it's a bind in there or somewhere else. Another thing to look at is the front dog bone to chassis brace clearance. It's tight, at least with the tr brace I got.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks