New Vekta owner!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its too easy rep, say yer diff should have the crown wheel on the left, if ya put the diff in with the crown on the right then the diff pinion will drive the diff the opposite way (y) ,
It's not that easy when you look at the manual when your building? This wave of vekta builders are having this problem. Never heard of this issue before now?

It's not that easy when you look at the manual when your building? This wave of vekta builders are having this problem. Never heard of this issue before now?
Mine rolls fine lol. The book is easy to mess up if your not paying attention to the little arrows for orientation. My trans feels a bit blotchy as well but doesn't sound that bad,

Yes sir that was the problem now I just have three more hurdles to jump,

I have to get the body to fit over this motor and exhaust.

I need Hari to get some freer time to get those bad ass boxes done

I need to get this engine tuned.

I seem to have misplaced my TGN prefilter and outerwears so I will order those tomorrow.What straps are all of you guys using.I see Port is using the Galante straps and other recommendations?

Last edited:
I was honestly looking for a set of the swingy p's or killer rc cables, I've seen them on Grant's Vekta on Krakens site, not sure if they are originally for a baja. The Galante straps I put on were a bit of a PITA, if you choose to get them, you won't receive any directions for looping the straps, just the pics from rcmax and detroit performance. So all trial, error and patience with them fekin things. I have them set to where my shocks don't slam on the valves and top out anymore, which is probably a must with the weight of these chunky alloy front arms

Sounds good Port I have my set on the way.I will probably curse the day I decided to buy them haha.

John I am going to swap out the cap head screws on my intake and try a set of button head and try grinding down the door bar and see if it will work that way.

I went with the 990 for the extra clearance but the WJ is a better carb I think for these bigger motors.

The Samba exhaust in my opinion is trash.The mounting system for the exhaust is a real pain in the ass to mount and mine is loose and is hitting the side plate.I may try to do something there to make it work before trashing it and picking up an exhaust from ALX assuming it is compatible.

I went with the 990 for the extra clearance but the WJ is a better carb I think for these bigger motors.

The Samba exhaust in my opinion is trash.The mounting system for the exhaust is a real pain in the ass to mount and mine is loose and is hitting the side plate.I may try to do something there to make it work before trashing it and picking up an exhaust from ALX assuming it is compatible.

Hmm, have a pic of your issue? My fit was perfect and haven't heard of other fitment issues
Yeah feel the same way about my 65 pipe ? mounts are bs???
Well yea, your poop is still mounted wrong ?

If you decide to sell the pipe let me know

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks