Nutech GT5R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipeous

Here's a few pics as I opened the box. What a sweet looking machine. I even noticed the threaded part in the front bulkheads so you can add a setscrew to keep the hinge pins in place. That is a very nice touch I wasn't expecting.
Also the rear bulkheads have the alloy dif riser. I thought I was going to have to add that part myself. SCORE!!

Suspension is really stiff and the tires seem really sticky actually. I have a bit of binding in the front wheels but probably just over tightened the wheel nuts a bit. I'll dig through the FG stuff and find some bearing spacers to put in the front knuckles and problem will be solved.

As I work on it, I will take the calipers to the parts to see what is FG compatible for those that are wondering. I plan on ordering many Nutech parts for my FG so it's something I want to look at anyway.

BAH, let the pictures tell the story, I have to go clean the dining room up
DSCI0001.gif
DSCI0002.gif
DSCI0003.gif
DSCI0004.gif
DSCI0005.gif
DSCI0006.gif
DSCI0007.gif
DSCI0008.gif
DSCI0009.gif
DSCI0010.gif

Thanks guys. I can't stop looking at it. I am going to do a pretty basic paint job though. It's a muscle car. My bud got my FG with the Challenger so it'll be cool having muscle cars. I was looking at a real Mustang at work. Black with chrome highlights looks so mean.. I have black, white, pearl blue, flaming orange and chrome paints to work with though, so we'll see. Sunday night I will start masking. I have to get at my soldering shortly to get ready for tomorrow's bashing. I work tonight and have been awake most of the day. My amain hobbies order arrived this morning too so I have all my shock and dif oils... 20wt to 100wt and dif oils from 3k to 100k. totally stocked up.

paint it as an ellenor car, metallic pepper grey with metallic black stripes

mustang-eleanor.jpg

they are $1200 rtr, pretty cheap when you consider all the bling.

it's going on the table tonight to get ready to rumble. I'll have it masked and paint it tomorrow morning, but setup is first, change servos make some parts... I have ordered all the aluminum rod ens for the arms and steering, so the only plastic will be the gas tank, rx box and body mounts... have to hit canadian tire for some more aluminum channel to make my side guards

paint is going to be simple, black with chrome trim and stripes. was considering doing some ghost flames or some other design. I have a light kit to put in too. once this one is done I can strip my fg down and get it polished up, new parts on. I should have it out to run by the weekend. Scott is shipping me over some goodies this week. I love getting parts in 2 days

You bet, I think a plain clean look will suit the car. and I like black cars :D all the other cars are bright colors. sometimes plain stands out more than flashy

I am trying to figure what to do with the rear body mount though. I might have to remove it. it sits too high for my liking... I either try bending it in the vice or I have to drill new holes... or dig through the fg stuff and find a body mount set from something else to fit

I ended up getting my ofna rebuilt last night as my new parts arrived and both shock towers were bent from my bmx track fun. then I rebuilt my dirt bike because it has been sitting for almost 2 months. it was late when I finished... I ordered parts for the nutech's and they are supposed to be in town today, so kind of stalling to put them on... have all the alloy rod ends coming to replace all the upper and lower arms and the steering links... that completes the build for this one, and alloy dif cases and cvd's for the buggy. I'll add more to the buggy later... we have an on road meet this weekend so prime concern now for this week is to setup the GT5R

I am also selling off my detailing business and getting a cnc and vac forming setup going. hopefully by summer I should be making us some lexan bodies that will be different. it's more for hobby purposes. health is the main reason I am getting out. played too hard too many years. no feeling today in my right arm but at least it doesn't hurt. I bailed on work a couple times this week, because I just couldn't bring myself to do it. surgery on the back will lay me up for a while and that scares me...

Hey pipe, leave the rear body mount for the time being and see once you have set up car if you need to lower it as you may need to lower rear of car.

thing is the angle is off. the body lines on the side the mounts need to be level. to be close to level I have to prop the body on top of that front mount... if I could just figure a way to extend that one even. I have to drill holes and want to make sure it's right before I do.

problem with bending the rear mount is the rear mounting holes will be off as it will pull the mounts towards the rear. then I will have to oval the holes... and I am out of plastic mounts... just might have to remove the rear mount all together until get it figured

I am adding the alloy rod ends on all the arms, steering rods and steering link off the servo.. 14 rod ends... so it's almost all aluminum now. I have them here and they look sweet. very smooth

Ok, so here we go. The rear body mount I shimmed on the 2 lower bolts to tip it forward a touch. The front and rear body mounts were a bit far apart and fighting each other... I shimmed the front mount with nuts to raise it... I still had to cut the sides of the body on a bit of an angle so no side body stripes... and I cut the front off or it would be scraping under hard brakes. well it's mounted now, and the brake doesn't drag
DSCI0001-2.gif
DSCI0002-2.gif
DSCI0003-2.gif
DSCI0004-2.gif
DSCI0005-1.gif

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks