Nutech GT5R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok the car is ready for tomorrow. I still want to work some more on the front brakes but I have half decent brakes on the front now. I had to do a little trimming and such to get things to fit in front like the back. I put the rear body post back on but it is a bit different now. temp solution.. I tried to first drill out the hole for the body post and was going to toss a pin above and below bit there wasn't enough meat left. I was going t have to dremmel it anyway to shorten the distance to the tower. so I cut it off and ground it back about 3-4mm, drilled through the bottom body clip hole. I drilled and tapped into the metal and ran a screw through. I added some hard foam for a little extra cushioning and spacer. can't think about slamming it with this pipe on now hehe

Just waiting for shoe goo to dry as i am mounting the rubber washer to a hole getting rough from the body flopping around ;)

DSCI0003-10.gif
DSCI0005-4.gif
DSCI0004-8.gif
DSCI0002-10.gif
DSCI0001-11.gif

I actually rerouted it. it was just replaced with a longer piece from an fhmt gas line set in that pic

well it ran good for a while. this motor and pipe combo has tons of power. my last run I was fighting it bigtime so pulled in. left rear wheel had no drive... ok, so I'll check the wheel square... wait. dif is locked... yup was driving with a locked dif and right drive only. no wonder it was a handful...

it's on the table now... we had a blast and have good place to run now. 4.5 hrs of running today. pavement got hot. semi was driving on rails. few of the bike club stopped by to check out the bikes. hell I even had the venom out running around... if it wasn't for the speed wobbles, I have that little bike dialed now. The airtime I hit the pylon with the venom. I thought it was toast

Here's some pics

We ran today, sanding and greasing the outdrives worked. burned 2 plus tanks today and got lots of time... the stock steering servo on front brake packed it in... so I ran most of the day with just back brakes... also tapped a corner marker but kept going. the bumper mount bent and busted (I'd allready straightened it from tapping steve last week... no damage to the fg body.. mine has shoe goo and drywall tape)

I picked up an fg front bumper to put on and a honda accord body (just need the front clip)
DSCI0004-9.gif
DSCI0005-5.gif

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks