OBR reed case or TPS Racing Falcon 3 redrace2 engine??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAVE1979SK

Hello i have OBR G320 Full mod (Non Reed Stock zen. crankcase) .I want a new engine.a little stronger,faster.I'm thinking about obr g340 Reed or SS.But from the videos it seems to me to be stronger TPS g320 RR2.ignition system rr2 is great.goes well at rpm.but it cost little information about this engine.is listed on the manufacturer's website as well balanced crankshaft.it's in OBR for a surcharge...I can't decide what to go for. I'm from Europe so the order Tps wouldn't be expensive.what do you think? here are the videos i found .. it seems to me that it rides better than g340 reed . or??? ))

has a lot of videos there 5b,5t

Obr make good reed motors👍🏻 having a balanced crank dose not add any performance that i can see🤔 ill post a vid of myself and a mate . We both have obr 34 reed motors, his motor has the balanced crank. Both cars a running olimat pipes overall the performance is pretty much the same👍🏻
Hi Doug.Thx for repply.I know all your videos from youtube )) and I compared it )) I think both engines are excellent .OBR is a good engine for that price . Tps too for 580 eur,but maybe it's a little more when he has only Stock zen crankcase.Obr Reed IS really nice engine.Billet crankcase looks great.I see a big + in this.but maybe I'm tempted to try something new )) but I'll see what's next. thx

We both have obr 34 reed motors, his motor has the balanced crank. Both cars a running olimat pipes overall the performance is pretty much the same👍🏻

I been wanting to try one out for the longest just so much damn money. They say it's supposed to improve throttle response, do you think it improves it any noticeable amount?

doug has a lot of videos with 5b and sidewinder x5 with 34 reed . I'm almost interested in the SS engine.few have it in 5b .I only found one video with 17/57.
if G320TPS was running on the video with 17/57 then it OBR ss looks stronger.but I don't know what gear used TPS.I have to write to him.when i take it he used rear pipe (ddm fast pipe).which is not a very good pipe,goes pretty well.what would it do with my VRC pro or olimat or Rc max new zen pipe.hard to say.but it is only G320 piston port with RR2 so I don't know if I can compare with reed ss ))

Last edited:
Hello i have OBR G320 Full mod (Non Reed Stock zen. crankcase) .I want a new engine.a little stronger,faster.I'm thinking about obr g340 Reed or SS.But from the videos it seems to me to be stronger TPS g320 RR2.ignition system rr2 is great.goes well at rpm.but it cost little information about this engine.is listed on the manufacturer's website as well balanced crankshaft.it's in OBR for a surcharge...I can't decide what to go for. I'm from Europe so the order Tps wouldn't be expensive.what do you think? here are the videos i found .. it seems to me that it rides better than g340 reed . or??? ))

has a lot of videos there 5b,5t
Go with the OBR. just bought a 34 cc stroker full mod reed case for my Losi 5t, 9.5 + hp. Its just an animal!!! Dan hand builds all the engines after machining. He is building me a boat engine presently!!! OBR engine are bad ass and will not disappoint you

I know it's not a bad engine. I was satisfied with mine g320 fm.but after mounting a few aluminum parts its slower.it is already too heavy.but i want to stay at 5b.because I would probably have to go to rcmax :D with Kraken or Team chase rollcage )) engine and weight is a vicious circle :D

I am just ordering an OBR g340 signature. I told Dan if they also produce the HT version. supposedly yes. but I don't know how it would behave in 5b)) so I was afraid to do it. finally I said the correct balanced version)) what do you think the HT version would work in 5b? I'm afraid it might be difficult to control when accelerating on a soft surface ))
first i wanted a bash machine for wheelies on grass :D but I changed my mind )) I would definitely be sorry if I lost important rpm

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks