OBR reed case or TPS Racing Falcon 3 redrace2 engine??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't need to be running the engine when checking this. Just give it brakes when off and see if it jumps/jitters any. While your at it adjust your throttle travel. You most likely don't need full travel of the servo for throttle it can actually damage your carb and servo.

there will be no error in the linkage or in the idle screw. the screw already responds to a change rpm, but I'll write it simply: the engine dies at lower rpm at iddle. while driving, everything is fine. dan silagy advised me to set the carburetor for the run L: 1 turn H: 1.1/2 . it helped a little, but not completely .now I have tried to start it at home in the apartment: D because I'm not out yet . I had the idle screw tightened almost to the maximum but one turn back. the engine hold for a moment of rpm, but then decreased rpm and finally off. I have to look for a mistake elsewhere . maybe after engine break in with a gradual decrease richness it will be adjusted . I will try to replace the spark plug .or do you still have any ideas what it could be? but sorry MonsterAir I don't understand exactly what to do with brake and linkage . I don't know good English, I'm just translating it .I don't understand some things . but it seems to me throttle linkage okay .or if someone made me a video on how to do it I would be grateful thx ))

Ok bud I'll snap a video for you but it's gonna take a min because my trucks are in my storage unit atm. I'll try and get it done by tomorrow for ya.

Yes change spark plug! Should be the first thing you do when encountering a problem like this. Too rich of settings will foul the plug, does it look black? It should be a lite chocolate brown color. Grey would mean it's been running lean. It's not uncommon to have to go through several spark plugs when tuning.

it is solved . I set the carburetor to the basic setting and replaced the spark plug )) thanks to all . Thx MonsterAir )) I probably don't need the video anymore, but feel to upload it, I check it according to your instructions)) thx bro..(yes the spark plug is black because I'm going for a rich mix because I'm running a new engine)

Here is a vid from OBR showing exactly what Doug and I are referring too. Hopefully you can understand what he is saying.

thank you for the link. I know the video. I have a well set up linkage. I'm doing exactly what Dan showed . so it was just the carburetor and the spark plug. thanks for the help)) for now )) until something goes wrong for me again :D

Hi Brothers )) today I was already trying to go at full throttle. I'm a little disappointed. even I go a little more rich mixture , it's not what I thought I'd get for the money. maybe it's an exhaust. I should buy better. with vrc pro pipe has great rpm. it's great for speed but the bottom is weak. I tried to go with a dominator v2 rear pipe and there it was really disappointing: D so now I'm looking for a pipe. the new OBR pipe pays off for me the most because it's from Ireland and I don't pay any duty or VAT. but I like Olimat 34 cc pipe which is also used by Doug on 5b but it would cost me very expensive about 270 euros)) OBR pipe 165 eur .. what kind of pipe would you choose for 340 ss?

Hello Brothers .
I recorded my first short bash and "crash " :-( I didn't even have time to set the carb. because my chassis is broken after the " flip " (original hpi) so now my head is in mourning and I am still immobile. engine goes well I still i ran on base carb settings. so i still don't know how the engine will go at full power but feel like it will be powerful. now with a 19/55 gear ratio going easily on the wheelie and my baja is heavy weight . But I didn't even go full throttle due to lack of place .I choose the wrong place to bash and thus punish myself and Baja : D .. now I'm waiting for a new exhaust from OBR and a new chassis and other damaged things. I did not expect such a devastating crash...
I'm thinking of starting my own topic here about my baja , because I'm just spamming it up here..

Attachments

• IMG_20210829_221109.jpg
    IMG_20210829_221109.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20210829_221043.jpg
    IMG_20210829_221043.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20210829_220936.jpg
    IMG_20210829_220936.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20210829_160046.jpg
    IMG_20210829_160046.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Broke my chassis in same place. Looks like you don't have a stiffener plate on bottom. Definitely get one for your new chassis.
yes i know i didn't have it there. it was a mistake and I'll mount it there. do you think that with a skid plate, a rovan chassis will suffice? I still have the possibility of purchase the original hpi chassis for 130 euros from us in Slovakia. in one shop they have one in stock. or rather IRC? or it doesn't matter ?

I don't know what to recommend. I bought a scorpion chassis but the engine mount holes don't line up perfect. Not sure if it's the chassis or rear engine mount plate? So I don't know what to recommend you.

i like enclosed chassis. but when falls inside chassis the screw or washer it is a problem to pull it out :D . I could order something they offer in shops in GB or USA. but I want it fast . in the EU I can get to purchase only Rovan or Hpi chassis .who knows the difference in quality when I easily broke the hpi)).but from what I've seen in the rcmz community on facebook, rovan is probably breaking like bread: D . if the skid plate really prevents that break , doesn't it matter? or can it break anyway? what do you think)) maybe I should rather wait and buy something better quality . Hpi lasted me 3 years without a skid plate and I hit a football gate and just only bent the chassis also everything else: D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks