OBR reed case or TPS Racing Falcon 3 redrace2 engine??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a baja I'd rather go for the higher revs then the high torque version of the engine. Would rather have a nice rounded engine in the bottom to mid and a bit peaky up top then low down grunt and meh top end. No matter how you look at it it's a 2wd light weight for a 1/5 scale. Keep it drivable all around.

I paid for the engine today. Paul Hedges from OBR UK asked me what I really want to do with the engine. frankly speaking , I didn't know exactly what to tell him. I ride with Baja only on the grass field. I like when going on wheelies sometimes . my g320 full mod (non reed) handled it quite well (even with 19/55). unless I mounted more aluminum parts and big bore shocks :D But she was starting to bore me that she was losing strength with increasing weight . it's time for a slight change. maybe I'll start enjoying it again. finally, Paul and I agreed on a good lower and upper end (balanced performance), and finally I told him: you are experts. you can tune the engine to your liking. which you think is the best setting for baja bash :)

Last edited:
Nice one 👍 you won't regret it🤘🏻
Thank you Doug. I'm curious about the difference though I don't expect a miracle. although my engine 7.7 hp on OBR Dyno and signature 10 hp. maybe it will feel :D now it remains only to wait 3 cruel weeks for the engine :D

Thank you Doug. I'm curious about the difference though I don't expect a miracle. although my engine 7.7 hp on OBR Dyno and signature 10 hp. maybe it will feel :D now it remains only to wait 3 cruel weeks for the engine :D
I don't trust the dyno numbers 🤨 my obr reed has been a top motor 🤩 iv really given it horns 👿 what clutch you running

I also don't believe those numbers too.I think OBR has too overshot performance data.if my engine really had 7.7 hp it would have to fly :D at least that's how I feel.but maybe I'm wrong . I now use a regular zenoah clutch with DDM Premium 9500 spring . but the clutch from the original hpi engine worked best for me (fuelie K23 clutch) . it's interesting but in this video of mine i used it and she ride like a beast . when I sold the old fuelie K23 engine I put the clutch back into engine .and then I put a zenoah clutch there,it was no longer good .not like as on the video .she just didn't lift so easily anymore to wheelies )) it's a mystery, but I don't know why is it this way :D

Hi guys. I hlave one question.can the front window reduce performance due to poor airflow into the air filter? I use velocity stack+ uber RC filter.

Attachments

• IMG_20210723_174047.jpg
    IMG_20210723_174047.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20210723_174104.jpg
    IMG_20210723_174104.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 4
First SS start after 15 min on iddle,but the idle screw does not respond.where is the problem? trottle linkage? i don't see a mistake there.after driving, idling is high, but then it lowers and the engine shuts off. idle screw is screwed in as far as it will go. does not respond to gas settings or the radio.but I am very satisfied with the engine's reaction to the gas . it will be an animal ))

it will probably be a carburetor. I left the settings as they sent me . It is 1,1/8 L and 1,1/2 H right? wt 1242 carb

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks