painting panels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K cool just putting it out there??
When y paint lexan bodys you start with the dark colors first then the lighter ones last

That's just it ,I don't paint RC bodies ,I am a house painter!....LOL

But ,I am not sure how that works ,if you get a dark color over the light ,then it may darken your light color ,like white or silver ,
or perhap your metalic red maybe a deeper red than you anticipated!

I'll peel a strip I cut along the edge of the flames?? spray silver?? then peel main part of the flame spray red?? then spray silver over red ?? then black over all?? done

If you had an extra piece of lexan ,you can try it out first on a piece of scrap ,I know that they also can use a backer type
stuff over the paint to protect it as well!

I'll peel a strip I cut along the edge of the flames?? spray silver?? then peel main part of the flame spray red?? then spray silver over red ?? then black over all?? done

Take your time painting the panels . You only get one chance to get it right . Z can wait ,he's got the rest of his life ahead of him. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That's why I said to put some white over your silver before you do red. the red shouldn't come through. When I did my bronco body for my terra crusher I had this idea to recreate the silver trim on the body. Painted the rest candy apple red metallic. The silver had a red tint. Ended up scrapping the body as it drove me nuts. Guy at my lhs told me I should have sprayed white over the silver before i did the red so the red didnt come through the silver.

I was using spaz stix paint. Was the first time I used it. Now I back most colors with a solid backer before moving on to the next color. Then back the whole thing... makes me think I have a body for my savage that needs painted

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks