Proboat 1/8 scale miss budweiser hydro build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice boat, I know how it can take time to get to run, fix, get parts.
This boat is the same, a bit newer model with formula stickers instead of miss Budweiser, it has a clutch and water pump for cooling at idle...that most people took off, I put an esp high rpm ported big bore ont the stock bottom end, everything else is stock. Not sure about speed, it sat for several years after moding, then I took this video last year and it was rough and running like crap....and I haven't run it again since...but I want to!
Hope you get yours out again sometime

@Rceverywhere its a cool boat for the wall, it ran pretty much like a toy and i was getting frustrated with it. Ive since sold it and i do regret it but I have the seaducer hydro that should do far better. Pro boat didn't take any performance into account for this and it just sucked tbh, not to mention its turning was horrendous.

I know what you mean, years ago when I first did the motor I could bearly keep it on the water, this video I was wot most of time and it was hardly trying, still have it and have a bunch with me when I did go boating, brought 24 lipos with me that day for 5 or 6 boats, but the noise of the gas still commands attention

For sure they didn't factor in any speed with this one. It was only doing 25-30mph stock if you where lucky. As for being a dud...yup!
I put three flex shafts, three gas tanks, three rudders and two clutch bells...all before moding the engine, but it seems to be holding together now, slightly taking on water though! But it spent alot of time on display. With the engine and three blade prop I must have been getting close to 40mph, but was having to let off the gas due to lifting or sponsor wobble, good for action and needing to empty your shorts afterwards, but I wouldn't bother to put more, it will sit beside the next fastest one I can find. Going fast on water is hard, and most of the good stuff sinks if you flip and destroy the hull!

Just picked up the miss budweiser hydro today so gunna start the build thread now. I traveled 7hrs 9min and 351 miles for the boat and im super happy to finally have one!

More pics tomorrow
View attachment 76475
Where can I find a rear rutter?
Just picked up the miss budweiser hydro today so gunna start the build thread now. I traveled 7hrs 9min and 351 miles for the boat and im super happy to finally have one!

More pics tomorrow
View attachment 76475
Do you know where I can find a rear rutter?

The original design was prone to breaking, it had a solid shaft to rudder design. I broke two myself, the new boats come with a break away bolt brass or plastic depending, that way you never loose more than a bolt and can even turn to bring the boat back slowly with the rudder ha ging by one top bolt

That's for sure! With the stock engine it was a bit better I put a big bore high rpm esp ported top on the stock base, makes for a wild ride! I brought a bunch of boats last summer for the only boat outing I had ... I didn't have the nerve to put this one in the water that day, between scared to break it and scared to open it up I was just happy to run some electric

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks