Raminator Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't get the shock bolt to go into the brace rod , threads are different or something , I tried it that's how I ended up in the lower hole , I've got springs compleatly unloaded , and it may be to loose , the springs move freely at rest , looks like I can find a good spot with all springs on , we shall see very soon ,I just got the email the motor mount piece will be here tomorrow !!!!! And I'm compleat !!! Looks like my first run will be in the snow ????????

Attachments

• IMG_20210125_194655.jpg
    IMG_20210125_194655.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 5
Well ,,,, that was fun ! Trying to remember what I did a year ago as to what screws go where and much more testing of my rotting memory , got the jewel put in mounted , and the truck is compleat together , started to install the pipe and low and behold that dam tmr motor came back to haunt me , I had to raise the gas tank for the tmr , it's way to high for the new pipe , I'll have to take the tank back out and lower it a bit , but things are going fine , installed the throttle linkage , looks to be working fine , needs adjusting of course , but the darn thing is coming to L I F E !!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20210129_173538.jpg
    IMG_20210129_173538.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20210129_173522.jpg
    IMG_20210129_173522.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20210129_173517.jpg
    IMG_20210129_173517.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 10
After seeing what a new body costs for the raminator , I decided to drywall tape n shoo goo the inside of the body , all it takes is very cheap drywall tape , go to wall Mart get shoo goo for $5 a tube , seran wrap , and a glue gun , administer the tape , glue gun it down , spread shoo goo one finger tip full at a time , with gloves of course , and some good ventilation , body takes ten times more of a beating for sure

Attachments

• IMG_20210202_120135.jpg
    IMG_20210202_120135.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20210202_113819.jpg
    IMG_20210202_113819.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20210202_113120.jpg
    IMG_20210202_113120.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20210202_113115.jpg
    IMG_20210202_113115.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 9
After seeing what a new body costs for the raminator , I decided to drywall tape n shoo goo the inside of the body , all it takes is very cheap drywall tape , go to wall Mart get shoo goo for $5 a tube , seran wrap , and a glue gun , administer the tape , glue gun it down , spread shoo goo one finger tip full at a time , with gloves of course , and some good ventilation , body takes ten times more of a beating for sure
$5 a tube :oops: ....robbing cnuts here charge £10☹.....
fek. :oops:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333009659769
...make that £13☹☹
an i used 4x big tubes on my 5ives body....??

Last edited:
Wow ! When did shoo goo turn to gold ? Sorry to say I found a stash of the big tubes at wall Mart for $4 !! I got 5 tubes and don't even need them , but , stock pile I geuss ? sorry bout your crime scen , wow ! $12 !! Wow !
Ran into a problem , I got the full force line kit , ( YES FOLKS !!!!! JUST TO CLEAN THINGS UP A BIT !! ) The holes in the plug on the tank are to big for the kits brass fittings !! What the H- E - DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS IS THIS CRAP !

Wow ! When did shoo goo turn to gold ? Sorry to say I found a stash of the big tubes at wall Mart for $4 !! I got 5 tubes and don't even need them , but , stock pile I geuss ? sorry bout your crime scen , wow ! $12 !! Wow !
Ran into a problem , I got the full force line kit , ( YES FOLKS !!!!! JUST TO CLEAN THINGS UP A BIT !! ) The holes in the plug on the tank are to big for the kits brass fittings !! What the H- E - DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS IS THIS CRAP !
I'm running the Full Force kit. They will seem a tad loose until you pop the rubber grommet in the tank opening. I also used the Snappy RC tank kit plug fitting kit. It snugs up very nice. No issues here. Are yours installed w a fitting in all three holes?
Be sure you are using this Snappy Kit with the Full Force:

https://www.davesmotors.com/Snappy-RC-Ultimate-Fuel-Line-Kit-for-HPI-Baja-5B-5T-

20201101_220939.jpg

I thought we addressed and resolved this issue last night with either fuel sleeving the full force fittings or getting the Snappy Rc kit? ?‍♂️?

thats because u didnt fit sum fuel tube on the fittings BEFORE putting em in the grommet???

It's 40° outside so I brought the rig upstairs , outside , I was told to take out the plug and give it a few pulls to get gas going through , it wouldn't pull the gas through , so I put a little in the cylinder and it pulled the gas through as it fired , but it won't pull the gas through the carb , fires Everytime I gas the cylinder but that's it , I'm wondering about eliminating the venting compleatly ? Waiting to hear back from primal RC before making any changes ,,,CRRRRRAAP !!!! But that has got to be the coolest sounding engine I've ever heard , like a mini really tight dirt bike sound , WOW ! COOL !

Last edited:
Another shoo goo miracle ! He's driving French style , but he's in there safely with the RC max 50gt engine in there ! Cut some pieces out of the original piece to make a mount , and cut it to fit onto the inside frame , shoo goo miracle ,,,AGAIN ! ?

Attachments

• IMG_20210218_133509.jpg
    IMG_20210218_133509.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 9
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks