Raminator Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After further investigation , I've found that the screws on that bolt are lock tighten very well , I'm wondering if it's sposed to be , not tight against the rod , Mr. Dizzle , I need to know if yours is tight or not , seeing how your reverse worked , so I need to know that before , I reassemble , did you say you were going back into your tranny ?my parts will be hear tommorow , Allan at primal says it should be tight , but these screws are glued into place so we'll I'm don't know about that , your bolt situation would tell the story , really appreciate your help

I am going back into my tranny...but it wont be until Tuesday afternoon due to my work schedule. Everything I see, those grub screws should be tight on the shaft, holding the gear in place. Wouldn't make any other sense for them to even be there if not. And if Allan says they are suppose to be tight on there..I would say they need broken free, cleaned re-loctitened and let cure. The purpose it appears of that part is to hold the gear snug in place against the input shaft gear from the chain drive.

Here ya go sir. With it not engaged for reverse (truck is in forward) servo horn should be 90° off the servo itself like this:
20210306_193352.jpg

With reverse engaged, servo arm should only be moving about this far. This picture is engaged.
20210306_193423.jpg

Did you get both those grub screws reinstalled ok?

Yes , I purchased a new bottle of high strength lock tight , cleaned it all real good and tighten them both down really good , the motion of the cable return is alot better , I can actually feel it working , when pulling g on the cable by hand thanx for the help it really helps

Yes , I purchased a new bottle of high strength lock tight , cleaned it all real good and tighten them both down really good , the motion of the cable return is alot better , I can actually feel it working , when pulling g on the cable by hand thanx for the help it really helps
Of course brother! Gotta look out for each other!

Make sure you set your end points in the transmitter for the servo. They come "preset" but mine were all off. This should really be done on all servos for this rig. I remove their horns, power them on and make sure they are mechanically centered. Then put the horns back on, adjust subtrim to get dead on 90° then adjust your end points. On the reverse servo it should have literally almost no throw up. Just enough to take tension off the cable. And down should be just enough to get the reverse to engage. I am at work so can't check my % of each at the moment. Also ensure you do the same for the steering servos. Make sure they are not fighting each other and are stopping before their mechanical end. This will prevent them from "over driving" and prevent servo burn up.
Lastly when you use reverse on the truck. Come to a complete stop. Then go into reverse or forward. I even apply the brake to make sure im not rolling at all when I engage either way. The way the tranny is set up, you don't want to have rolling momentum in there as you are shifting. Ill be at work the rest of the night but will try to check back for updates or issues for ya!

This is where I fail miserably in the RC habbit , I've obviously got some study to do , is the settings for the controller is n our papers somewhere ? O. K. , Put that useless book in the wrong place , found it ! This doesn't seem to be any help , we're did you find the end point adjustment info ? Or is that you ? ?

Last edited:
No. Because they very based on the position of the horn, servo, yada yada yada. You will just need to go into the transmitter and adjust as needed. I just emailed you the stock transmitter full manual for the Flysky GT-5. This should walk you through easier. Its a super easy transmitter to program. Just take your time and modify what's currently set up on it.

Your amazing ! I wish I was a good yoogler on the googler
I hope I'm not enterupting your work , I bring up the throttle channle and it says double zero , up and down , I compleatly hate asking but maybe we could set up a phone call , help me run through the controller functions , before I make things worse? I think I get it but don't want mess it up , but why is throttle saying zero's ?

Last edited:
Works great as a foot rest also , this thing is FINNALLY done , what a long time to wait , but wow ! Whole new RC exsperiance for sure , I thought getting the Vekta 5 was close to some kind of limit , but FORGETABOUTIT !! This thing is total awesome power , I'm going to get some video today , we got some good weather here finally , stay tuned , while my whole family assists me in posting the video ,RC MAX INSANITY , for a RC truck this is a great way to burn gas n oil for sure !!
IMG_20210307_164429.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks