Refreshing and rebuilding my Baja SS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was debating the carbon but figured 389usd is way too much for the uber rc chassis
That carbon chassie is way to much I would do kraken chassie or have him anodize the irc
I just did same thing now i need front shocks 🤣🤣🤣..was one or the other at the moment 🤣🤣🤣
Taylor rc uk has them your going to pay a little more but it beats waiting

You have to buy the 12mm bushings as well if your using Taylor towers
I wasn't expecting my arms to come. I figured they'd come with my Outlaw and diablo, so John had them done here by his guy bateman

You have to buy the 12mm bushings as well if your using Taylor towers
I wasn't expecting my arms to come. I figured they'd come with my Outlaw and diablo, so John had them done here by his guy bateman
Trying to full build out my baja so I can use all my spares for another build think all black baja bonehead carbon those black arms want to try a 2 speed maybe tskb maybe make onroad

I’ve wasted some money on a GTB 3 speed, but don’t care, I’ll run it to destruction. I‘ve been hunting for some descent metal gears for ages Blackbone and OBR have been out of the game for a while. I think I can get something made as the concept is simple and dimensions haven’t changed for two decades. Cost will be the issue unless BB or OBR start making them again.
Lucky for some🤣 to have the x3 as a spare🤣 you don't like it🤷‍♂️
I do like it but the next build will need to be seriously stiff, so I’m opting for the IRC chassis with front plate. There maybe a few plastic parts strategically placed but it’ll be mostly metal.

Just waiting on the last few bits to start and finish the build. I hope it’ll be a faster build and rig than the Bantamweight.

Last edited:
There out of stock looked at the KM one a few times but I’m scared to buy it. Plus it has a cover so you can run it off road. But I trust buying the blackbone one more
I'm leary too on the other brands too..all the drag race guys eat up all the good stuff up. Even the other brands fetch a comparable buck to black bones...I emailed John and Mike about them last week and they said the same, havnt seen them in ages and don't know when they will be back, like the team chase losi titanium steering posts. Asked about them as well. I'm not really too familiar with these setups so I certainly want something someone here has had some experience with. I think they are fantastic for a smallbore baja street build from the vids I've seen even offroad shifting gears is just awesome. There is a hybrid smallbore drag truck setup with nitrous and a 2 speed.. wild little rig. He cut the towers and dropped the COG..truck seriously hooks and books

Only 5mm difference it's on Mikes gearing video
These are new too, but not too sure if it's a good idea to eliminate the pins that are saving the driveline from grenading

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210810-113826_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210810-113826_Chrome.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Well decided put on the tayor rc hubs and irc shocks. Going to stick with the flm drive shafts and just upgrade the cups to flm hardened cups. I'm going to save the irc drive shaft and locker for another project. Seems like to much added weight to run with a small block.20210822_182023.jpg
These were toast the ones on the diff are in pretty good shape. These were the 20210822_183504.jpg stock baja ss cups

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks