Refreshing and rebuilding my Baja SS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wheel looks like the grinding down of the flywheel is not uncommon is due to my pulling style. I link to just pull instead of stretching the cord until it’s tight and then pull to start. That caused the petal paws to grind down the flywheel knobs if I used plastic paws with that style of pulling I would just be replacing a plastic paw not a flywheel. Especially since the 34 reed has a ton of compression.

Wheel looks like the grinding down of the flywheel is not uncommon is due to my pulling style. I link to just pull instead of stretching the cord until it’s tight and then pull to start. That caused the petal paws to grind down the flywheel knobs if I used plastic paws with that style of pulling I would just be replacing a plastic paw not a flywheel. Especially since the 34 reed has a ton of compression.
Its amazing how many people yank as hard as possible from its at rest position. I was guilty of it too.
Saw a lads pull start explode on him yesterday at the track after he spent 5 mins yanking like no tomorrow until it started, he got half way down the straight and it exploded out the side of his Baja.

Its amazing how many people yank as hard as possible from its at rest position. I was guilty of it too.
Saw a lads pull start explode on him yesterday at the track after he spent 5 mins yanking like no tomorrow until it started, he got half way down the straight and it exploded out the side of his Baja.
I have always pulled that way , but I won’t be anymore might even go back to the plastic paw much cheaper to replace.

Well need some opinions I'm running 20/54 in this baja currently. I'm supposed to put the blackbone 2 speed in this but I'm starting to think is it even necessary. If I do the 2 speed in this I will run 19/55 and 22/52 so I will get a little more bottom and a little more top. Wondering maybe just sell the 2 speed what you think? Not sure there is a big enough jump to justify $130 on gears just to go a little faster. Chime in tell me what you think?

Well need some opinions I'm running 20/54 in this baja currently. I'm supposed to put the blackbone 2 speed in this but I'm starting to think is it even necessary. If I do the 2 speed in this I will run 19/55 and 22/52 so I will get a little more bottom and a little more top. Wondering maybe just sell the 2 speed what you think? Not sure there is a big enough jump to justify $130 on gears just to go a little faster. Chime in tell me what you think?
Keep the 2 speed. You never know you might change your mind or do another rebuild sometime and when they sell out you’ll be pissed if you haven’t got one. 👍🏾

I'm confused on how you have your wheel adapters mounted 🤔
I think its the pressure plates that are confusing you. When I bought my adapters used they came with the pressure plates that they use on the brp wheels. So I put them on the outside of the genesis wheels that's why you see that round shape at the front of the rim

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks