RickDizzle's Raminator Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Delivery folks dropped some goodies last two days. Pretty excited. Got a Futaba 4PM, Protek Life battery for my the 4PM transmitter, a good solid transmitter case, Savox SB-2274SG servos times 2 (throttle and reverse transmission gear), SMC 6500 2s Lipo and their precision programmable lipo alarm. I was pretty excited as I scored the Ryan Cavalieri edition servos. They are the exact same as the stock servo number I mentioned, but instead of Savox orange, they are black cased with red writing. Will match the truck perfect! If my household chores get done early enough...may try to get all this in and set up this weekend!

20210226_210353.jpg

After reading @Relic-1 thread and hearing his transmission was almost dry...figured better open mine...opened her up and pulled some gears and shafts and this was what was inside. A clump of grease at the bottom of the case, a wad on the reverse gear fork and not much anywhere else. Sigh..so I blew her apart and cleaned it up...then thoroughly coated everything with Fast Eddies. The drive train is so much quieter now...go figure proper grease actually on the gears doing their job. This is what it looked like inside after I opened it up.
20210227_171915.jpg

If you are a Raminator owner, I would highly recommend opening up the tranny and properly greasing it up. I heard one dude on YouTube, then Relic...so I am glad I checked mine!

If you saw my other thread...may be a minute before I can get the Savox Servos in. They turn opposite the direction I need for them to work. Cant reverse the channel in the transmitter as its a shared channel with the brake servo as outlined here. So gonna read up on this 4PM before I get it installed and speak w Savox about using a servo reverse circuit. Fingers crossed I can get them to work...or I will have to buy the HV Primal servos...more to come.
Screenshot_20210227-152900_Drive.jpg

I was out drenching my losi 5ive in Mudd today , so I wasn't able to get back to you , glad you looked inside that's a bad thing , even medic redid all his gears , I'm feeling much better about redoi g the whole freeekn thing , I'll know the vehical better and I'll know it's done better than the slave house that puts these things together they know how to put it together , but they don't know how ????hey I'm telling you Rick don't Frey that reverse cable while adjusting it or you'll be rowing in the same canoe is me

I was out drenching my losi 5ive in Mudd today , so I wasn't able to get back to you , glad you looked inside that's a bad thing , even medic redid all his gears , I'm feeling much better about redoi g the whole freeekn thing , I'll know the vehical better and I'll know it's done better than the slave house that puts these things together they know how to put it together , but they don't know how ????hey I'm telling you Rick don't Frey that reverse cable while adjusting it or you'll be rowing in the same canoe is me
I hope not too...lol! I gotta figure out this Servo direction issue before I will be changing to the Savox. I plan to just pull the horn when programming the new Rx and Tx and will do the same when I figure out how to get these Savox to work. I really want to use them and don't want to have to buy Primal HV servos.

Ya , savox is great stuff , specially the ones you got , I was gunna put that same one in my losi gravedigger for steering , I think they do a ten scale series in that also , those reefs servoed are good stuff to one of the guys that drives with us has them in his Vekta 5 , really strong

Great...I didnt check mine...I opened it up and cleaned out grease then re-greased it all...in theory it will be ok as it really cant back out. The gear RMT092 sits on top of that hex, essentially trapping both those set screw and RMT063 is slotted to sit on the gear shaft so it cant slip. I will add it to my reminder list for next time im in the tranny! Thanks dude!

I sent a message to Allan , still waiting to here back , I guess if the hex is covered it maybe that it needs to be loose ,.but why put unnessasary screws in the tranny , oh well , learning curve I geuss , this stuff is fun if it all works out
Im sure its suppose to be tight..wouldnt make sense otherwise to even have them...I just don't feel like dropping my drive shaft again, and having to reopen the tranny. Lmk what he says and if its gonna lead to issues...sigh..my next day off Ill open her up again if possibility of issues...im an idiot for not checking while in there..
Dude now that I think about it..i didnt remove that RMT063...it was stuck inside the gear and slid off with the gear meaning mine are loose too lmao...let me know what Allen says.

Last edited:
You guys arnt really putting that good good vibes out for these things being put together right ?
100% agreed...i have on all my rigs. I don't know why i skimped on doing the transmission form the start lol. Heavens knows I tore into everything else. Lol! Not upset at all. Helps you learn the truck. Just more frustrated that I didnt check EVERYTHING while I had the tranny open once already.

Got down on the truck today and opened the tranny again. Like @Relic-1 my hex that goes on the gear shaft had both grub screws loctited tight as can be, just not tightened down against the output shaft. So cleaned em up and reloctited them back on tightening em up good and snug. I opted for blue as I was afraid red could be an issue if you ever need to get access past that gear. Hopefully it holds up. Did a very quick run..literally like 5 mins and it actually allows the truck to shift smoother from reverse to forward as it holds the gear fully in place vs allowing a little slop. Noticable difference for sure.
I also got down and installed both the Savox servos today. Throttle servo and reverse servo. I found it easier to undo the 4 screws that hold each servo, then remove one servo block, I did the bottoms. This made changing them a breeze. Will have to do some fine tuning in the transmitter for them, but didnt want to run the truck longer then the few minutes I did as the loctite was only a few hours old on that gear base. Pretty stoked as now I can run lipo on this truck! I also shortened and re-pinned the servo reverser so it wasn't so long and in the way. Wrapped everything in nice expandable wire wrap and cleaned it all up. Next day off I will run it and dial in the trims and end points of these new servos. Also ordered up some nice PureTech battery straps as I don't care for stock straps myself. Mine are starting to fray a bit. Here are just pics of the new Savox servos installed. Thanks for still following and enjoy!?
20210309_224905.jpg
20210309_224939.jpg

Once I get mentally and financially stable , I gotta go to the lipo , but I gotta feel the home atmosphere , before any more spending , I purchased that axial ryft , that's nothing but a project right out of the box , I opened it and shock oil was all over everything , I told horizon hobby and there sending me new shocks , maybe I can configure double shocks on the thing , any ways also finished the losi 5ive , so these servos and stuff will have to wait a while , sad thing is Everytime I run the ram my grand daughter starts crying , it scairs her I geuss , maybe I shouldn't have said it scairs me ????

Today I got down on cleaning up the battery tray. I didn't like the fact that running a Lipo, there was nothing to absorb some of the shock of the truck bouncing around. This is stock:
20210317_154349.jpg
I had Mrs. Dizzle hit up Hobby Lobby and she got me two sheets of adhesive backed foam.
20210317_154407.jpg

They didn't have anything thick. So I just used 3 layers. Cut it to the size of the battery and now when I snug it down, it will tighten against the padded foam. One sheet was way more then enough.
20210317_154457.jpg
20210317_154511.jpg

Busted out the new straps from Dwayne at Pure-Tech. They are much nicer then stock and I think look better too. I ran these straps on my electric helis and never had any issues so went with what I know is good.
20210317_154418.jpg

New SMC 6500 2s lipo.
20210317_154437.jpg

Everything fits great, has some shock absorption now and looks good in my opinion!??
20210317_154525.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks