Rippers KM Blade build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So.. I took this thing out and the radio system I feel is trash. If I take the truck like 15 to 20 yards out it literally is losing signal. Like I'm shocked that it's that bad. Everything is new and fully charged so idk what the deal is. Thought I recorded a cpl min and then closed my phone. Some how it didnt record and save it. Hopefully weather permitting I'll record more tomorrow.

Any suggestions on a decent 3channel rxtx?? I'm not looking for anything crazy. I might just use this traxxas radio I have

Oh and I bent the poop out of this shock tower brace while doing some tuning before I put the cage back on lol. I'll take it off and bend it back. Some how the plastic isnt cracked or bent.

I will say this though. This Buggy freaking gets it!!. I cant wait for the ubers tomorrow. I should probably order some spur gears haha

Attachments

• 20200424_174330.jpg
    20200424_174330.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 9
Welp, we new this was coming.. After this stock radio issue. Idc what radio I run, the fear, feeling in my gut when that motor was doing what IT wanted to do for that split second was enough to know better. Gotta snag it when the deal is right too ???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200426-023059_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200426-023059_Chrome.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 6
Honestly, I thought I'd be alright. After this stock radio yesterday, not so much lol. It legit sat and idled while I was pulling the trigger, and it was less than 20yards away.

I have a traxxas 3 channel. I'm going to throw that in for now. But I have a delema. I have 15 days before we arent locked down, by then I need my KM running, but also that hpi 5b. My 7yr old will be able to come see me. That hpi 5b is his and he doesn't know it. The traxxas 3 channel was for the hpi. So either way I need a 3 channel radio and receiver in 15 days lol. When he doesn't visit it's nice for swapping out parts until the parts are mailed to the house lol
I'll have to look for a used rx tx haven't looked for used yet. I suppose that's safe to buy.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks