Selwa's 4WD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, just an update fo what has been done today:

- Servos are in. I'm using a 805 for steering and a 5645 for Throttle and Brakes. The 805 fits right in and my 5745 would need a plastic adapter.
- 4600mah pack charged and mounted and using Deans plugs
- Voltwatcher and heavy duty switch installed on radio tray
- 30.5 ESP mounted
- King Cobra spikes mounted on dish rims
- Aluminum Gear carrier installed

Just had to use a regular air box since I need an adapter for the one I have.

A few things that I noticed on the stock 4WD.

-Rear shock tower is much wider and seems thin so an aluminum upgrade will need to be made in the future, just not sure if I can use the Elcon XL shock tower.
-Drive cups look better, it's extra thick at the the ends now.
-Gear carrier is plastic so needs to be changed (inside hole will round off when it heats up) not sure why they still include these in kits!!
-Rear body mount on a Baja by the pullstarter is in the way of the L carb adjustments.
-Pullstarter handle should face the back and not the top. (body is too tight and handle rubs)

Some naked pics: :clown::clown:

xkvbzd.jpg

8zh4qa.jpg

54vhci.jpg

2uzfsb6.jpg

I love naked shots!! The only thing to make this better, is some boobs!!

Good pics, I was wondering how they converted it to 4wd. It appears, it is a counter gear off from the layshaft gear. Am I correct? I have never seen one "Up close". Thanks!

Stupid question time... Are the 4wd's belt or chain drive? I haven't done any research on them...

Last edited:
They are belt drive, only use 1 more diff, some bearings for the tension, a plain roller and a spline roller. I'll try to draw a pic of it.

cool pics , the alloy rear shock tower is heaps beeter then the plastic one . i have just ordered some front uni drive shafts for the front of mine . and a few other little goodies .....

Hi could tell me will the old diff holders fit the conversion kit or will i have to sell them to i do have the new higher ones

its just ive got the mt comp but im not to sure wat i can keep

buy looking at it the hole alloy front end will have to go
and the lower back arms can stay but not to sure about the upper arms nay help would be great thanks lads oops and lasses

Hi could tell me will the old diff holders fit the conversion kit or will i have to sell them to i do have the new higher ones

its just ive got the mt comp but im not to sure wat i can keep

buy looking at it the hole alloy front end will have to go
and the lower back arms can stay but not to sure about the upper arms nay help would be great thanks lads oops and lasses

The front is completely different and the rear as well. The lower arms are the same but the uppers are thicker. I have a set of Elcon Alloy uppers that I may end up using but I'll have to use the regular older turnbuckle. What they did on the 4WD is thicken the turnbuckle on one end, just like the front upper arms. Look at my previuos pics and you can see this.

Why would you post somthing so beautiful, don't you know I am a addict! lol That looks so good. I have to go and check some internet stores, I think I hear one calling me.

Sorry to fuel your addiction! :helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

There are few simple add ons I want to put on but the weather was so nice today I had to snap some pics. Also Advance Hobbies was closed today otherwise I'd drive over and get a few pcs too. Otherwise I would have the proper airfiler on the engine!

Please note: The wheels and wing you see are not from FG

Last edited:
The body on that thing looks amazing! very nice Joe.

Thanks Al! Brad loves it too. This is the one that comes with RTR models. My supplier only had 3 Baja's so he saved one for me since we talked about it for a few weeks if not months.

If I had a clear body I'd be painting it my gunmetal with the black splash just like my Cleon. I had to make due with what I had. The Monster Energy decals help offset the green rims I'll be using on this buggy. I guess it's kinda like a trademark now.

Just wait until I do some more nice touch ups to it! Anytime you want ot see it let me know and we can meet up.

Thanks Al! Brad loves it too. This is the one that comes with RTR models. My supplier only had 3 Baja's so he saved one for me since we talked about it for a few weeks if not months.

If I had a clear body I'd be painting it my gunmetal with the black splash just like my Cleon. I had to make due with what I had. The Monster Energy decals help offset the green rims I'll be using on this buggy. I guess it's kinda like a trademark now.

Just wait until I do some more nice touch ups to it! Anytime you want ot see it let me know and we can meet up.

I have my eye on one of these at Advance. It is the 4WD ARTR. It comes with a clear body. If my Heli sells ont the other site I am sooo buying one of these!!!

For sure! I might be going to Advance today to get a few small parts DDM doesn't carry. I can ask lex if he can do a group discount on 2-3 of them. Sounds like a few guys want one so a group/cash discount may be possible! I'll let you know as soon as I find out.

Just an update.

-Installed Elcon upper arms with the old turnbuckles
-Installed Elcon from shock tower with some modification
-Installed FG Air filter with Black silencer cover. (needed to modify to fit)
-Re-inforced the rear shock tower with a aluminum template
-Changed a few of the black ball ends to green ones I had. :cool2:

I may give it a run before my Fg pipe from Clubin comes in. :ph34r:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks