Selwa's 4WD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an update.

-Installed Elcon upper arms with the old turnbuckles
-Installed Elcon from shock tower with some modification
-Installed FG Air filter with Black silencer cover. (needed to modify to fit)
-Re-inforced the rear shock tower with a aluminum template
-Changed a few of the black ball ends to green ones I had. :cool2:

I may give it a run before my Fg pipe from Clubin comes in. :ph34r:
Damy you haven't gotten it yet? Probaly Monday or Turesay. That thing has a absolute killer stance.

No worries. Most likely Monday for sure, even if it's Tuesday that's fine too.
I know the FG pipe will make it scream.

I also have a Lauterbacher quick fill gas cap coming for it. It will make fueling much easier.

On a side note I weighed the buggy yesterday. It's 24lbs just like my Elcon Cleon!

I wish I could jump in and buy one too but had to buy some new equipment this week for the business. Had to take advantage of the home depot coupon. Now I have a kick arse shop vac. Thanks Joe... among other things. That vac has a silencer and half the noise of my smaller shop vac.

your rides always look killer.

I wish I could jump in and buy one too but had to buy some new equipment this week for the business. Had to take advantage of the home depot coupon. Now I have a kick arse shop vac. Thanks Joe... among other things. That vac has a silencer and half the noise of my smaller shop vac.

your rides always look killer.

Thanks Barry!

Glad you were able to use the Coupon. I bought a Ridgid stand to use for the RC's, BBQ cover, and a 10x10 outdoor gazebo for our deck. :clown::clown: Saved a good $100 total.

No worries. Most likely Monday for sure, even if it's Tuesday that's fine too.
I know the FG pipe will make it scream.

I also have a Lauterbacher quick fill gas cap coming for it. It will make fueling much easier.

On a side note I weighed the buggy yesterday. It's 24lbs just like my Elcon Cleon!

Krap, that's 3lb lighter than my MCD! That is with everything in it? Pipe waighs a little, but it will never weigh what my MCD weighs. Video?

Krap, that's 3lb lighter than my MCD! That is with everything in it? Pipe waighs a little, but it will never weigh what my MCD weighs. Video?

Here's what I have in there added from stock:
805 and 5645 servo (805 weigh a bit more than a 5745)
4600mah battery pack - feels heavier than most but lasts!!
LED Volt reader
KCR Wheels (heavier than stock Baja wheels)
Aluminum Gear carrier (Stock is plastic, not sure why they still do this)
Elcon Upper rear arms
Added aluminum Brace for the rear shock tower
Front moddified Elcon Shock tower

Keep in mind this is also using a bathroom weight scale. :clown::clown:

make sure u have the dog bones not too loose [ betweent the diff cup and the front axle] other wise u will loose your dog bone .. i thought i had mine set ok , but within 10 mins of medium bashing i had popped a front drive shaft . i found the dogbone but lost the diff cup [ i had a spare one ] i have just added a elcon coil spring ]for the dog bones and it hold the whole thing nice and snug ..

Well I tried it out today with the stock can (ok I guess). Then I put on the pipe I bought from Clubin. It can in the mail today so it was perfect timing.

So with a FG tunned pipe and an ESP 30.5 race ported engine this baby does wheelies!!!...... and the grass was wet too!!!

Sorry, It was too dark to get some videos going.

More pics:
Elcon SHock tower moddified to fit and green turnbuckles.
m9vn2s.jpg

Elcon rear upper arms, more green turnbuckles and re-inforced rear shock tower
xq3rp.jpg

FG Pipe now on. (Thanks again Clubin!)
wcny8w.jpg

25fkhlz.jpg
vfi5qc.jpg

Sweet! Did you extend the rope to stay there like that? Also, how is it working like that?

Didn't extend the rope at all. I've seen this done in the past on some racers' cars. The pull starter is actually facing the rear rather than the top. Starting is much easier. Just hold the wing and pull. I'll dig up a picture of what I did.

Here ya go. It's a brake rod I used for the rope to pass through. The end is put through a plastic antenna rod and it fits right in the hole in the roll cage. Then I drilled a small hole in the roll cage so I can use a set screw to hold it in place.

20z8w8h.jpg

I like that. the green turnbuckles really set it off nicely....

think I am going to experiment with my pull start on the car. it's a pain having to remove 10 body clips to start it. I like it!!

Thanks guys!

Barry,

The pullstart has to face the rear rather that the top and then make something like this to hold it on place! I had the green turnbuckles so it was a nice addition and with the wheels and Monster Energy stickers it was a perfect match!

Ed, you have to see this puppy go!! I have some vids now so hopefully I can load them up tonight. Would be nice to see my Leopard again. We have to meet up soon!! It's been way too long!!!

My pull start on the solo has 2 places for the string to come out, one being facing back. If I can't spin the whole assembly I might have to untie the string, no big deal.... today is car maintenance day (semi was last night) so will see how that works out

gotta quit showing me all this bling though guys, I am spending money before it arrives. if only I could machine my own stuff

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks