Silicone exhaust coupler

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't you run water cooled headers like real boats? Or is it just water cooled head?

Sean

We run water cooled cylinders. BUT the way the Zenoah is a converted air cooled to water cooled engine. They must also run a water cooled adapter to cool the o-rings that are used at the pipe to engine adapter. Our engines we build have water cooling coming from under the exhaust port around the exhaust and up into the water cooling jacket. Than dumps overboard. Water cooling in the exhaust is a massive hit in power.

Sean

We run water cooled cylinders. BUT the way the Zenoah is a converted air cooled to water cooled engine. They must also run a water cooled adapter to cool the o-rings that are used at the pipe to engine adapter. Our engines we build have water cooling coming from under the exhaust port around the exhaust and up into the water cooling jacket. Than dumps overboard. Water cooling in the exhaust is a massive hit in power.
Thanks, I was unsure of how it dumped out from the engine. Makes sense.

So i am trying out permatex ultra copper high temp rtv in place of the coupler. Im letting it cure now and i will report back when i have a definitive answer if it works...yes I have used it in high heat applications and it does work so hopefully I have the same luck as im really not digging the ugly silicone hose and hose clamp...makes the truck lose some appeal with that crap

Judging by the cured stuff I had to get off the tube id say yea. Idk about everyone elses exhaust mine has a slip joint and im hoping my olimat pipe thats on its way is a slip joint as well because if not back to the drawing board

Just to report back...the coupler held for a good (benefit of doubt) 20 minutes. True losi fashion.

And do you dbxl owners...when you lose pins out of the axles body pins will NOT get you out of a jamb. Centrifugal force I supposeView attachment 64439
You can make the pins out of partially threaded Allen screws. I think those pins are 5mm? Cut the Allen head off and the threaded part with a dremel. Then heat it to a cherry red with a torch and dip it in motor oil or water

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks