spents hpi baja bitsa 45 build,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i aint forgotten about this by the way (y),
just got to the stage where the workshops in such a mess that i cant find fek all :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:,
am mid mass tidy up at moment (y),
updates again soon,
i do know i have to make a bracket from pipe to chassis though, says on pipe description it comes wi one, but then contradicts itsen and says alloy bracket optional,
and at £20 for an alloy bracket i'll make my own thanks :ROFLMAO:

right, so itsy bitsy update :ROFLMAO:,
dug out my team chase cage so i could just loose fit it and see where the vrc pipe needs to be,
turns out loads of scope with the team chase and can set the pipe wherever i want to (y),
yes i still aint flipped the steering arms ?‍♂️,
and cage needs a wash as well ,

was lookin for an 12mm thick offcut of alloy, only had a piece of12mm t6 6082 plate,

cut off a 50mm square piece to make the pipe bracket,
cut by hand so took feckin ages ,multiple holes drilled then cut through with hacksaw,
then squared off the cuts,
i really need to invest in a bandsaw or sommat :LOL:

told you it was itsy bitsy update :ROFLMAO:

drilled chassis, drilled and tapped the square, also cut a basic slot to clear the battery box tab, and basic hack a bit out to set the pipe back in the bracket (y):D,
just basic cuts to get the bracket roughly where i wanted it, then can shape it proper once it fits (y),

so the pipes up against the rbacket and clears everything, needs a tad more tweaking to get as much clearance as possible at the side rails,
vrc pipe is super tight everywhere tbh, including the rear shock tower upright doodads,

i will make the bracket a fancy pants shape as well, not just a square block :LOL:,

The VRC is ? ?? bet boris and the weather man been cursed good and propper ???
yeh i like the vrc a lot doug (y), still woulda prefered an olimat whe all said an done though,
or what woulda been the best woulda been mark35's borki pipe if i coulda made it work,
anyways, yeh the vrc, and boris ? he's a big vag, and the weathers an arsehole :ROFLMAO:,

slow and steady at moment, don't seem to be getting much time in workshop,
but, got the pipe to fit where i want it now, after a bit of jiggery pokery at the header end as well, gained a tad more clearance at the arse end (y) ,

then started adding a bit of shape to the bracket, upper right of it will go away as well ,
almost ballsed it up, but stopped myself in time :ROFLMAO:,

so now its finally warmed up here i got a tad of rc stuff done (y),
finished shaping the vrc mounting bracket ,

could have been slimmer than it is, but beefier so it wont break :D,

everything clears everything else , just :LOL:,

pipe fitted and fastened proper, battery box fastened down etc,
just needs linkage setting up via end points an that on radio, slap some wheels on it and see if the zelda/spovan will actually run,
oh, needs limiting cables as well, and front bumper, and :ROFLMAO:,

Get some spents. Send it! Cant wait to see the parts fly!??
lmao sean, it will get what i usually do with a fresh engine, couple of heat cycles on 25/1, then start off gentle , get bored and say feck it and send it :ROFLMAO:,
curious though to see how it runs, then will strip it and start playing around with it internally,
if it blows it blows (y):ROFLMAO:

built up a set of wheels/tires for it (y),
hpi super star rims, but there the weird ones that have plastic hex and steel ring around the outside as opposed to the better full metal hex insert,
they will do the job though,
dirt buster fronts and part worn big digger rears,
stock hpi inner beads and silverback white outers,
taped foams,

wheels on , front bumper on, not sur on the bumper yet, its hpi but not sure what its off, might see if i have a nicer one,
side rails for cage on, the rails are modded to run either higher for the team chase cage or lower for my tsk1 cage

team chase cage needs a wash, but loose fitted to see what it looks like,

still have the dirt guards to fit , hpi on the left with triangle holes cut for when the twin was in the baja,
i do have a set of proper carbon fibre ones, but i think there quite rare now and it's be a shame to cut a hole in the right side one for the exhaust ,
what do you dudes think ?

Looking good spents?? find the bigdigers are a bit lack luster when it comes to traction ? white locks look old school?
Yep I know about his antics. The thing I respect about him is that he has theories based upon experience and his knowledge. Seems he tries experimental things that most people won't try due to not wanting to waste time and money. If he would get rid of the ego he would become a much better engine builder. This is how we learn. I've learned working at my company that even people who have been doing what they have been doing for 30+ years could be the worst most inexperienced employees.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks