spents shorty roofchopper rail build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got a little time to do sommat today (y),
nothing got done tbh , just a lot of head scratching and trying to work some stuff out for miles bracket as well,
but decided to have a look and see if i could get a different pipe to fit the rail,
vrc pro is a definite no no :ROFLMAO:,

then had a look at what other pipes i had ,
right side jetpro off the twin is a no no, so is the fg ddm dominator, although the fg pipe was close to actually fitting,

looks like side pipes are out cos of the shape and size of the shorty rail frame,
i thought about using the fast pipe off the delboy rail and fitting the vrc on that car instead,
but the fast pipe is a tad too high for the rear section of the rail to fit back on,

so looks like i'm stuck with the v2 silenced dom,
pulled the baffle out to have a check and its soaked in oil,
i was running this on 25/1 for ages though, now on 32/1
the whole pipes very oily inside, gonna flush it out and put some fresh packing on the baffle,
reason i wanted to change the pipe is that i'm fairly sure its holding the 34 reed back a bit ,

pretty sure this 34 reed is cursed :ROFLMAO:,
went to do some more yesterday and the top right bolt hole on the clutch case stripped straight out, no real torque on the bolt or anything, just stripped ,
coulda left it be, but nope,

so drilled out larger, nutsert fitted as a press fit then squeezed as well,
face machined off flat and thats fixed (y),

then checked the bolts all lined up with bell carrier before putting back together,
all good (y),

then smmat happened thats very rare for me,
snapped off the clutch perch bolt in the crank,
only 6 nM and it gave way, was a re used bolt so theres a moral there somewhere about re using bolts for cranks :ROFLMAO:,

so dremeled a slot in the screw and removed with a driver ,
came out fairly well tbh (y),

the offending screw removed (y):D

again, nice work spents!
do you have a milling machine too for facing the clutch housing? the most sophisticated machine i have is a drillpress. 😉
it’s a good practice not to reuse bolts in critical places like the crank. though i reuse them too, but not the feathering shaft screws in my rc helicopters rotor…. specially when they were involved in a crash previously. happened to me a few times that they gave up in mid-flight (never on the bench of course) and the blades+holders+other miscellaneous parts did like a catapult 😳💩

again, nice work spents!
do you have a milling machine too for facing the clutch housing? the most sophisticated machine i have is a drillpress. 😉
it’s a good practice not to reuse bolts in critical places like the crank. though i reuse them too, but not the feathering shaft screws in my rc helicopters rotor…. specially when they were involved in a crash previously. happened to me a few times that they gave up in mid-flight (never on the bench of course) and the blades+holders+other miscellaneous parts did like a catapult 😳💩
Sorry not funny, but funny if you've ever flown.
pretty sure this 34 reed is cursed :ROFLMAO:,
went to do some more yesterday and the top right bolt hole on the clutch case stripped straight out, no real torque on the bolt or anything, just stripped ,
coulda left it be, but nope,

so drilled out larger, nutsert fitted as a press fit then squeezed as well,
face machined off flat and thats fixed (y),

then checked the bolts all lined up with bell carrier before putting back together,
all good (y),

then smmat happened thats very rare for me,
snapped off the clutch perch bolt in the crank,
only 6 nM and it gave way, was a re used bolt so theres a moral there somewhere about re using bolts for cranks :ROFLMAO:,

so dremeled a slot in the screw and removed with a driver ,
came out fairly well tbh (y),

the offending screw removed (y):D

Get that dam thing going spents!

again, nice work spents!
yes i do have a very small milling machine szaki (y),
i don't really use it for facing clutch cases off tbh, just took the thick of the nutsert off with the mill then faced it on the belt sander (y),
and lol, yeh reusing bolts in certain places is a definite no no, not sure why i reused on the crank bolt tbh,
probably just me being in a rush :ROFLMAO:,
and thanks mate (y)
Sorry not funny, but funny if you've ever flown.

Get that dam thing going spents!
yeh it will be soon enough sean (y),
still gonna have to be a left handed start job though, right arms still a tad fecked :LOL:

thought it was about time i got some rc stuff done 🤦‍♂️:ROFLMAO:,
so atarted putting the rail back together properly again after the 34 reed air leak fiasco :D,

also decided to de-silence the v2 silenced dom,
done in such a way i can re-silence it if i want to :D, should be nice and loud now (y):ROFLMAO:,

got this far, just a few bits n bobs left and it will be fully back together (y),

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks