spents shorty roofchopper rail build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not much done today,
but cut a fresh gasket out of gasket paper and decided to fit the fibre glass petals (y),

then refitted the reed block,
added a smidge of sealer as well cos i've run out of good gasket material and only had cheapo stuff left :D,
will let it sit again over night then pressure test it again (y),
pulled the clutch and flywheel again as well ready to test it,

so pressure test time,
18psi and couldnt hear any leaks,
then dunked it in a bucket of hot water to warm the engine up as well and not one single bubble,
so i say thats a success and the 34 reed is proper sealed up now (y)(y),

then a thorough dry off wi the blow gun, all threads blown out etc,

clutch back on, flywheel, new coil, tested for spark and is bright as can be,fan case etc etc,

then the starter cage bit me in the arse again :ROFLMAO:, some may remember that i shimmed this to take slop out, over shimmed it and then just removed em,
well the pawls are jamming cos of the slop, they ride up over the stop in the centre and stick,
so i'm either gonna re shim but less so, or i know somewhere in the uk that has new bits, either the rebuild kits, the complete bushed cage or the bearing modded cage,
i'll have a think and decide on that one (y):ROFLMAO:,

Pleased engine is sealed Spents, looking forward to seeing pics/vids of this running sweet.
thanks kev (y), hopefully soon be up and running again,
and hopefully it runs as it should this time :D
Spents mate, those tr starters are straight dog shite. Fit up a zen and be done with it.
yeh i know sean, the turdle starters are a tad wank,
but spent some time trying to correct the slop in it to see if i can make it work like its supposed to (y),
plus what doug said :LOL:
much easier for Paul to use an easy start being in a chair (y)
that do be right doug (y) (y) :LOL:
try out the gp460 starter/rcmax starter, super easy and reliable I hear👍
yeh looked at that Z,
issue is i think its too wide to fit in the rail unfortunately,
i should really ask mike the dimensions really and make sure (y)
I wouldn’t think so tbh, for one gotta carry around a drill…. Then bend all the way down to use it, a pull start would be less hassle I would imagine.
yeh wrong starter yer thinkin of junkie,
but a roto start is easier than a pull start for me when all said and done,
but would need to convert everything to roto start and that starts to get expensive
so pull starts for now (y)

Last edited:
I was also gonna ask if anyone has had any experience with the arrow shark e-starts. I know it's a bit more to fuss with but just may be well worth it for some in certain situations. I was also interested in them for them for the gas boats

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks