spents shorty roofchopper rail build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i really like your writings, spents!
cannot wait to see how the running issue gets sorted 👍
thanks szaki (y)
PRESSURE TEST THAT THING BEFORE YOU FULLY ASSEMBLE IT!!! Better be safe then sorry mate. We'll done though, see how easy it is to check these things over with the proper equipment 👍🏻
yep yer right sean, will pop the clutch and flywheel off again tomorrow and test it(y),
might leave it a full 24 hours plus though and let the sealer go off fully etc,
and yeh thanks sean , i shoulda pressure tested it from the get go tbh, and yeh easy as pie, thanks to you for telling me to pressure tets it (y)(y)

so been messing around with the billet dof/cog for the turdle pull starter,
just getting it to fit spot on with minimal play and smooth etc (y),

then turned my attention to the reed block,
now this has always been a give it a good shove fit for some reason :D,
then something occurred to me, the reed cases don't have a bolt on the bottom side close to the opening,
so maybe the tight reed block is opening up the case slightly and causing the air leak there,
measured everything up and yep, 0.2mm bigger with the reed block over the size of the inlet,
so 0.1mm off each side of the block itself and it now fits spot on (y),

i forgot to take a pic of the witness marks on the reed block 🤦‍♂️,
but it now slides in with a nice snug fit (y),

also for anyone with one of the obr reed case engines, theres two skulls engraved on the ree block,
a faint one and a deeper one, the deeper one always goes upwards so the pulse hole/slot is at the bottom,

still need to make a gasket , plus also decide which reed petals are getting fitted, carbon or fibre glass,
might fit the fibre ones cos i think there obr ones,

edit; i still need to pressure test it again as well (y) :D

Paul I correct myself now with pointing the finger at a gasket issue. Now I just point the finger at the dopey bastard that smeared the sealant on :LOL:
yep that would ne me ryan :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:,
tbh i was a tad light with the sealant last time,
used more this time, but not over done it if that makes sense (y):D

I read you loud and clear :LOL:
How You Doin Kiss GIF

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks