Stock speed for 5t 2.0 V2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep you are right, the body, front arms, front tower and front bumper mount, but the chassis plate, trans and rear arms everything is the same..either model you choose you won't be disappointed in size
The v5 handles better out of the box, they are same but do handle different.

One last question... is there any major design flaws/oversights with the drivetrain that need to be fixed?
Another option that would be more friendly to your imaginary budget is the l5b,but the vekta is cool
I never stick to my "budget anyways", like the dbxle 2.0 I just put giant knob tires and a $200 spektrum servo in...

Tbh if you are going to have multiple 1/5 rigs I suggest upgrading your transmitter and recievers to atleast a futaba 4pv with multiple model memory and you will have a killswitch button. Not sure what you have, assuming factory transmitter
And which model are you referring to about drivetrain issues...vekta?

Tbh if you are going to have multiple 1/5 rigs I suggest upgrading your transmitter and recievers to atleast a futaba 4pv with multiple model memory and you will have a killswitch button. Not sure what you have, assuming factory transmitter
And which model are you referring to about drivetrain issues...vekta?
I currently have a spektrum 5c and use it on multiple rigs already. I am referring to the trophy truck, but I thought they all had the same or very similar drivetrain.
I currently have a spektrum 5c and use it on multiple rigs already. I am referring to the trophy truck, but I thought they all had the same or very similar drivetrain.
I currently have a losi dbxle 2.0, xmaxx, mojave exb, tekno eb48 2.0

Same drivetrain
Vertigo clutch bell and shaft at a minimum with the stock trans. Everyone upgrades the trans though to the vertigo unit. There is more gearing options and is just a much better trans with bearings preinstalled and tight. Did you notice our dedicated vekta section. We have guys here with what should be considered the minimal done to their rigs to pimped out. Read through the many threads here in the kraken section and check out the videos on YouTube

Last edited:
5t $1600
Kill switch $100
Chassis braces $80
Killer Rc Lipo $60
Pipe $250
Velocity stack and air filter $30

thats $2100 at a minimum to get a decent 5t setup not including the $150-$700 for a decent futaba remote. A Bartolone 32 piston port runs about $400 and is a good upgrade over the stock engine. The esp 34 is cheaper and is a great option as well👍

My vekta was the minimum needed to be reliable
Thanks for the great information. Looks like I will need to allot about $3,000+ to this build. Doable, but will just take more time. I still want to build it. Looks like it will be a great learning experience and a lot of fun...and perhaps some frustration, buts thats all part of the experience. Just the project I was looking for!

Also pay close attention to the instructions! It has a go no go on some parts make sure they are oriented in the right direction and you will need bearing retaining compound also the directions will tell you where to put blue and red loctite

The kv5tt drives much different for sure being a narrower stance. The sidebite on the stock tire tread dig and can cause it to flip. Depends in how it's setup and the terrain your ripping on and how you approach and attack your corners. Under power with wheels slipping it does fine.

The kv5tt drives much different for sure being a narrower stance. The sidebite on the stock tire tread dig and can cause it to flip. Depends in how it's setup and the terrain your ripping on and how you approach and attack your corners. Under power with wheels slipping it does fine.
I always figured it was the shocks and the lack of tuning options
Yea the buggy handles awesome for a big old female dog

Last edited:
Now I'm conflicted again... do I want to build the trophy truck or the LSE kit? I like the tt body better but I do like the wider stance of the original.

Been there.🤣 you will be happy either way I put wider offset wheels to better my handling, use brps or reverse the wheels like I did for my taylor rc genesis
No not as many suspension tuning options as a losi 5t, Different shock oils and can get delrin and custom cut and drill the valve pistons and drill out different sized holes for valving, Its never gonna be a dominating race rig.

Last edited:
I really like the 5t, but I love the realistic look of the vekta and the live rear axle. That, and I want something I can build myself

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks