Stock speed for 5t 2.0 V2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I end up with the 5t, I might put the ESP engine from DDM in it.
But at this point, given all the info... I think k I am going Vetka mainly for the reward of building and learning.

Last edited:
It's what you like at the end of the day. If I could do it again I'd get the kv5tt..everyone and their mother has the LSE here
I hate the LSE body. Still need to get a tt cage for mine. Which after a conversation with ddm led me to get the LSE and plan to get the tt body and cage. I have all the body panels but need a cage yet. The tt handles like crap unless you do like port and widen the stance. Even then it's not quite as wide as the lse version. My build was a middle of the road build and everything I replaced was based off what broke the most for guys. Not counting radio gear I'm near the $3k mark. I did get a bunch of stuff off other members and waste book cheaper then buying it new. If No one mentioned it yet the rear drive shaft is garbage and should be replaced with the cv shaft. There's a lot of other things that should be considered as well. The factory screws are only good for a few ins and out till they strip out, very soft. You can also plan on different tires and wheels, at minimum getting different lock rings and bite lock screws would be advisable. The factory battery box is straight up crap. @Haric is the man to get one from. I'm sure I'm missing a lot. They are great once done up properly.

+1 on the battery box,and screws..still on my original drive shaft because other projects took priority but its hanging in there and an absolute must is the RCR brake upgrade like right out of the box. Thicker shock oils are a must and getting used to braking as these are nose heavy and the back tires come off the ground when braking hard

+1 on the battery box,and screws..still on my original drive shaft because other projects took priority but its hanging in there and an absolute must is the RCR brake upgrade like right out of the box. Thicker shock oils are a must and getting used to braking as these are nose heavy and the back tires come off the ground when braking hard
Knew I forgot something important... rcr brakes. Good catch rep!

O yea v2 got a POS plastic diff cover that's warped and is dog poop
Can you get away with just getting the kv153 - Vertigo Vekta.5 Clutch Carrier Unit or do you need to get the rear and top plates as well?
I am probably going with the esp molded 34cc engine from DDM and changing the gearing for the trapdoor tires.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks