The Beetle is back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL. I did it almost the same except pearl blue where red is. wing is pearl blue too. I am rushing through, just loading the gun with clear coat. I painted the scooter with lightning today too. first day with no cigs so have to keep busy...

I'm proud, I got this e cig setup. went to 7 cigs from 30 a day on first day, had 3 yesterday and none today. going to beat this anchor once and for all. I'm not jonesing like usual. sure there's some withdrawal but I get nicotine, just suffering withdrawal of the other 3999 chemicals in smokes.

anwyay time to start clear coating. this stuff is going to stink in here

got 2 coats done and the camera was dead. owner of the scooter is dying to see what it looks like LOL... oh well.. this stuff dries fast and doesn't smell as bad as I thought it would for being laquer

Well I'm done for the night. have to let these clear coats harden up good so I can wetsand and put more on. it's dark at that end of the garage so pics don't do the scooter justice. First time I ever painted the outside of a scooter like this and first time doing lightning. it was 3 phases to get it like this... was fun
http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/nn181/Pipeous/Detailing/Scooter/

Here's where the vw sits

DSCI0001-18.gif
DSCI0002-15.gif

Guess I didn't move quick enough on my 4wd beetle plans Barry. lol But it looks good real good man. I abandoned my on-road 4wd beetle plans. Not 4wd just the beetle part. Going off road.

I do. I've always wanted 4wd so I'm still doing that. But after reading this thread I know the beetle body and tray don't work with 4wd so I'm just getting a different body. Finished your 4wd drag car yet lev.

oh it's not done yet. just I am. I have to wet sand the vw and scooter tonight, then be spraying anout 4 coats or so tomorrow of clear. then I'll use some swirl remover (about the mildest cut polish I have that is water based) and polish the surface. it will be really shiny. I'll get a better pic in daylight. it's pretty dark in my garage.

my bud Dave was just over and wants me to do lightning on his Porsche after seeing the Scooter. The pics really are too dark. I had to auto correct them and brighten them just so you could see the stuff. I tell you that was my first ever free hand airbrushing anything. I always mask and spray

That's VERY nice.
It still 'needs' something - can't put my finger on it, and it doesn't help that I've just seen another Overhaulin' episode before coming into work !!

One slight criticism might be that the yellow rings on the wheels clash with the body colours, but perhaps that's me.

Nice job !!

Al.

This is my 2,500th post and I'm glad I am putting it up on here!

Good job on the e-cig, I know it's rough, but after a week it's all smooth sailing from there!

That scooter is dorky, but your work it great!

Last edited:
Na not yet have parts stuck in customs and have to have my alloy engine mount cut to fit the 4wd chassis and also have to raise both engine mounts off the chassis about half an inch up off the chassis to fit the gears i run..

ya I laughed when asked to paint the scooter with flames and skulls... I talked him into the lightning as it fit more...

ya the vw is going to get decals and such added. the edges need sanding. I didn't do any more last night. I hit the wall so to speak and had to crash out. the nervous energy faded like a ton of bricks and I slept for 9 hrs. it was a fast job on the vw. I just hated the orange... and the yellow on the wheels is just vinyl. I can peel that off. those tires are bunk anyway. hard as rocks. I will toss the old semi tires on when I need traction.

HAHAHA, man that story will be stuck in my head for years to come. Reminds me of being locked up in a vancouver cel one Saturday night... was Grey cup weekend. I was in punk clothing too. Man my red high tops stood out....

Here's where it sits tonight. I added the decals and clear coated over them. got some thick coats on today. It's looking much better. the side pic I had to lighten a lot to show the decals. dam lighting in here really sucks... the faskrome looks somuch better when it gets clear coat

DSCI0005-5.gif
DSCI0004-5.gif
DSCI0006-1.gif

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks