The Beetle is back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to get it done, scooter is leaving today and I just contracted detailing 10 vehicles a week right through summer... Al I don't even have windows!

Well the Scooter left. Here's pics as it was in the driveway. For my first attempt at free hand airbrushing it turned out ok. I learned as I went. Now I know I can do this again a little different... I've been talking with the Scooter shop and they are trying to get me to paint a bunch up for them, but I said more geometric type of stuff; masked lines and crap are my thing. This thing is going into a bike show so I had to hurry. I laughed too when I heard that but hey... Not even sure I want to airbrush more stuff because I have about 150 vehicles to detail I just contracted.... can you say new toys... I can smell a 4wd Leopard in the near future.

Like I said, I'm no artist. but this was actually fun to do, other than breathing clear coat fumes hehe
DSCI0005-1.jpg
DSCI0004-2.jpg
DSCI0003-4.jpg
DSCI0002-2.jpg

Here's a look with the old semi tires on and the pipe mounted
We'll see. I have some rubberized rocker guard here in a can. I still have to make windows for this thing and mount them in. Last ones got paint and clear coat so were removed.
DSCI0001-20.gif

I cleaned the paint off the pipe and got the electronics setup. Just mounted my kill switch (had to swap with the semi... I seem to have lost one of my nutech radio rx's somewhere.... wonder if I left it in the cen when I sold it?)... also took the yellow rings off the F1 tires. Black felt filled in where the paint chipped off. I really hate painted rims

so it is ready to rumble. next chance I get I can run it. semi goes on the table next

DSCI0001-21.gif
DSCI0002-17.gif

that's the difference with on road. I even ran a k&n for a long time without damage. I'll live with replacing tires. that's easier than rebuilding engines... :D

so the scooter went into a bike show yesterday. it took first place!! the owner won another scooter, which will be here for airbrushing shortly. the sponsor of the scooters has asked if I will airbrush a ton of them now... and a decent price too. I think the number is probably an exaggeration but they said 500 scooters.... and I have artistic freedom as long as it's not derogatory stuff.

Had it out for a run today. For a motor that was supposed to be pooched it runs good. I just tweaked the needles a bit. these tires suck when it's dry. in rain they are useless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just buying a pair of the race truck slicks from Keith for the back. then it will be stuck to the ground. might have to try them on the semi too as they are softer than the ones I normally run. His are soft and I have always run mediums all around... Dave's allready gearing his redcat rally up as high as it will go (mt gearing reversed). it needs it though. I have semi gearing on this now 20/44, so still have room to gear up.

I have to say I am allready liking this belt drive a lot. It is very smooth and quiet.

+1 to that, I love the belt system, needs a bit of maintence if you run off road and in dusty conditions like me but I don't mind, I love tinkering in the garage, on road wouldnt be an issue though.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks