The Beetle is back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kept the Jordan too. Put 2 up for sale, needed to sell 1. CEN went Christmas Eve. I can keep the F1 now. These wheels suck but at least work on a 4wd sorta. I got the back end complete now aside from the shocks. Going to sleep now. The trips for smokes or snacks was getting more frequent. I'll have it done by tomorrow night. worst is over now. Then I can sort through what is left for the medium wb on road project. O ordered aluminum uppers for this like above so mercedes starts with that for bling. alloy servo saver, alloy knuckles etc.

the only upper arm ends I had were the alloy. every stinking nutech one I have is reverse threaded. gave away too many of the fg plastic ends I guess hehe

Just made sense to get rid of the cen and redcat for me. nothing wrong with them, just easier to keep parts for nutech and fg as they share a lot of parts. work this month sucked but I picked up a new customer just before Christmas.. I get paid for 1 detail from the dealership Monday this last cutoff. LOL doesn't even pay the rent. now I have work again, so I put the conversion and other part order on the card. bill for that doesn't come until middle of next month so I should be ok... the music gear I ordered still isn't in either, so no panic to get that paid either.

well I'll be back at this stuff shortly, just waking up now

I've got a bit of binding in the belt drive but that should loosen up some. I had to hack the cy clutch housing and dremmel the large motor mount just to fit this in there. really seems to want a zenoah, so that's my next engine for this one.

just the servo tray and the gas tankt left to go now. it takes time modding things as I go. the front brakes I had to drill out 4 of 8 mounting screws as they were stripped.

And those new upper turnbuckle are the cat's ass. very very thick. I shoe goo'd the holes in the front bulkhead as there were ways dirt could get in. I was suggested to use setscrews but I didn't have 6 small ones. so I sealed them.

I got the tub on last night and mounted the body. had to hack the tub a bit. front shocks fouled up and no place to screw it down very front. lexan scissors and tada. I just need a good servo now to operate all the brakes.

I fixed the tank where the lines go in. it had some gas tank repair stuff there. I took out the body reamer and enlarged the holes slightly, then glued some of those washers used on the side gear case in. lines fit really tight in there. I gooped over them after but probably didn't have to. made a it a lot cleaner.

I am going to just toss in a hitec 5625 I have sitting here to do some testing. can't wait to drive it. weather is looking good for this weekend so we might go setup the track and run some laps. Hopefully the semi parts arrive this week in time to get it ready too.

I ended up pulling a tower pro from semi (945) for throttle and brake. Might as well keep the tower pros both in here until I can afford better servos. and I had a 5625 in the semio for throttle/rear brake. so I opened the second 5625 up, reversed the wires on the board and motor so it spins opposite and mounted in the semi tray...

I have a v2 failsafe so decided to use the nutech radio. long story short, the nutech radio won't work with tower pro servos. not even a glitch. nada. I installed the spektrum and the servos are fine

so I have a 6000 mah 2s maxamps lipo, turnigy 15 amp bec (with power bar to show battery life) installed. we are going to setup a track this weekend. it's forecast for sun saturday and sunday, even if we have snow farecasted for the week. should be clear enough anyway. I have 22/42 gearing, should be ok with the f1 tires but I have a 20/44 combo to toss in if need be.

vw is complete now aside from needing a kill switch. I'll toss this kill switch in the f1 and use the nutech radio on that. semi is down waiting for parts. and the leftovers I put a bunch aside for the mercedes build and another pile on the marder chassis.

anyone need a marder chassis with some alloy front bulkheads and tower, carbon steering top plate. firehammer mt arms, plastic motor mount, rear bulkheads and shock tower?

Sent ya a pm Trip. I have a deal you can't refuse ;)

ya the bulks will work on the mt. has to be an off road chassis or they'd be on my mercedes hehe. you could convert the mut to an fg chassis Trip.

we're setting up a road course this weekend so the vw gets some time. I can't wait. I can get the F1 ready too. semi is in pieces though waiting for parts to arrive.

Run into a bit of a snag with fit. the tires are too big and the 4wd makes the wheelbase longer so the wheels hit the front fender. it looks too goofy with touring car wheels
DSCI0001-13.gif

So I am going to have to cut the tub, move the body mounts and bring the whole boy forward some. I will figure out what has to be hacked out of the back. It was that or cut the fenders off and I don't want to cut the fenders.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks