Transmitter upgrade? Advice needed..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not sure I agree, a cheap 1/5th scale is $2k minimum if your include all the fluids, glues amd bits to build it. That’s minimum, if you got that kinda of dough to lose on a rig then I suggest you spend a couple of hundred more your radio.
So I guess I made the right decision based on your statement. My FS Noble cost more than my Futaba 4PLS . :) You should really look into the FS Noble NB4.

Yes, Yes it was . And honestly the Noble is a ton easier to set up that the Futaba. It's Software upgraded when I got it it was a 4 channel radio and after updating its up to 8 channels. I got it bound to a 10 channel receiver for distance in the Limitless for speed running( 2 antennas) . The 10 channel is normally for air planes and Helo's .Some guys are getting 1000 to 1200 feet connectivity without modifing the radio and using the 4 channel receiver it comes with.

Yes, Yes it was . And honestly the Noble is a ton easier to set up that the Futaba. It's Software upgraded when I got it it was a 4 channel radio and after updating its up to 8 channels. I got it bound to a 10 channel receiver for distance in the Limitless for speed running. Some guys are getting 1000 to 1200 feet connectivity without modifing the radio and using the 4 channel receiver it comes with.
No one would give points to Futaba for its ease of use. I’m happy for you being happy with your Noble. I just wouldn’t buy one. ??

Last edited:
Sorry, I've done the research now. No way you bought a Futaba 4P anything for less than Frysky Noble. Total horse poop. You got something either out of production or at a discount.

There is a massive difference between cheap to buy and a discount.

Get real guys, I'm not knocking you for getting something cheap, but you will never convince me that because it was cheap it is also quality. I'm more likely to be ripped off by Futaba selling me something as top end but is actually cheap. Frysky are never going to sell you gold for the price of lead.

Milo, the 4pls was replaced by the 4pv it was significantly cheaper then a 4pv from what I can recall. It was more or less an updated 4 channel version of the old 3pm. Wile it was a boost in performance and had an lcd it was pretty basic tx.

Sorry, I've done the research now. No way you bought a Futaba 4P anything for less than Frysky Noble. Total horse poop. You got something either out of production or at a discount.

There is a massive difference between cheap to buy and a discount.

Get real guys, I'm not knocking you for getting something cheap, but you will never convince me that because it was cheap it is also quality. I'm more likely to be ripped off by Futaba selling me something as top end but is actually cheap. Frysky are never going to sell you gold for the price of lead.
Sorry I was wrong . I paid 209 at amain for the 4PLS . So 9 dollars more than the Noble. The Noble isn't Cheap. Feel wise it feels like a RollesRoyce compared to a Caddy. The build quality is so much better than a Futaba or Spectrum Radio. Hardly any plastic in it compare to other radios. It's smaller and well balanced . Not trying to change your mind . But I think you should really take a closer look at one if you get the chance and I don't mean by buying one. Find someone that owns one. I don't know of to many 8 channel radios you can get for 200 dollars .

Last edited:
They did that because they wanted people to stop hecking the gt3 series radios and making them 8 channel radios. I did it to mine, still have the software and com board. All fly sky runs the same software they just needed to unlock the different channels. And it's not really a true 8 channels radio, it just gives you the ability to assign, on, off, and momentary functions to different buttons or switches on the radio. I hacked mine for the rear steer options, and a dig function. It's a bit hokey but it does work. And like I said the 4pls was an economy radio to begin with so they are more or less on par as far as comparison sake.

Sorry I was wrong . I paid 209 at amain for the 4PLS . So 9 dollars more than the Noble. The Noble isn't Cheap. Feel wise it feels like a RollesRoyce compared to a Caddy. The build quality is so much better than a Futaba or Spectrum Radio. Hardly any plastic in it compare to other radios. It's smaller and well balanced . Not trying to change your mind . But I think you should really take a closer look at one if you get the chance and I don't mean by buying one. Find someone that owns one. I don't know of to many 8 channel radios you can get for 200 dollars .
That’s what I kept saying...it’s really a well built tx...the feel of it and the UI is real easy to get used to...I’m for sure not trying to convince anyone to buy just defending myself for buying it...once you see and held one you can understand what we’re saying..to me it’s just a less expensive option that isn’t completely made of plastic not to mention the dual lipo battery set up...which is a nice option

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks