Transmitter upgrade? Advice needed..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Biggest issues with the cheaper radios are range and reliability. Fly sky makes epic examples of this. You can buy 4 radios of the same model same day from the same shop, some like my gt3-c are fantastic don't glitch but cant go more then 100 yards from the reciever without loosing signal. Next one works fine, the third never programs right, the fourth works perfect for about a year then up and decides it doesn't want to work anymore. It's not the hard and fast rule, just what seems to happen, rather often. Often enough it makes most of us air on the side of caution with larger rigs. Think of it like this you just bought a very expensive, very fast, powerful car. Then you realize you cant afford full coverage insurance, so you go out and get liability insurance. Go out for a drive in the rain and wreck your car into another car, totalling both. Now your out the money for your car, and are facing liability and legal repercussions.

Ya I know mr wizard but spectrum cheap poop and most companies do...look at the auto industry..most make something hi end to low end...have you used this radio?...did it break your heart?..maybe cry yourself to sleep on your unicorn shaped pillow?...talk to me???.anyway like I said this radio is their best surface radio and while I’d agree the gt3 is a pile of poop the noble is a well built radio and better than the IT4S I’ve used the last 3 years with no issues

Now now don't let me get the hammer out Coz heads will roll???

Out Of Order Gavel GIF by Laff

For 200 bucks you can get a used really good futaba or even a lower end futaba or Sanwa that is guaranteed quality and reliability., I don't know why your hell-bent on buying the cheap unreliable poop and getting all butthurt when people state the facts, But not my problem, don't care ?‍♂️

Ya I know mr wizard but spectrum cheap poop and most companies do...look at the auto industry..most make something hi end to low end...have you used this radio?...did it break your heart?..maybe cry yourself to sleep on your unicorn shaped pillow?...talk to me???.anyway like I said this radio is their best surface radio and while I’d agree the gt3 is a pile of poop the noble is a well built radio and better than the IT4S I’ve used the last 3 years with no issues
Ok so humour me, how much in total have you spent on your rig?

Omg Sean I’m so sorry for the “mr wizard” reference but I’m not butthurt jus thought I was being humorous but well played with the small peepee comment...much more mature than the mr wizard commment by about a year and I knew this was goin to be an unpopular opinion but I still haven’t heard anyone say why this radio is so bad...I know that the radios y’all mention are good and proven reliable but isn’t it possible that the noble is a good radio and if not then tell me why...it seems I’m alone in my opinion...has anyone here used a noble?..and good one Z...it’s true it’s a cheap ass Rovan...well the engine anyway?

Omg Sean I’m so sorry for the “mr wizard” reference but I’m not butthurt jus thought I was being humorous but well played with the small peepee comment...much more mature than the mr wizard commment by about a year and I knew this was goin to be an unpopular opinion but I still haven’t heard anyone say why this radio is so bad...I know that the radios y’all mention are good and proven reliable but isn’t it possible that the noble is a good radio and if not then tell me why...it seems I’m alone in my opinion...has anyone here used a noble?..and good one Z...it’s true it’s a cheap ass Rovan...well the engine anyway?
No one is piping up because who wants to take a risk?

Sean told why your radio might be flawed but luckily for you right now it isn’t. Z also explained a reason to you.

Just because you bought something cheap that works doesn’t define it as being good quality. Anything can break, it’s just more likely your cheap radio will fail before a more well known brand will.

No one said for you to through it in the bin, I wish you luck.

I understand about the cheap radios and I totally get why but again I didn’t think $200 is cheap and this radio isn’t like flyskys other radios...I was asking about this particular model...I’ve ran the model below it for 3 years with absolutely no issues in fact until I got the noble didn’t realize how much more latency the IT4S had until I bought the noble...night and day difference..so much more responsive and I get more than enough distance than I’ll ever use...I don’t race and where I run is isolated aside from testing in my yard...I just want to hear facts about this models failures or known issues if any other than it’s from a company notorious for junk radios...is it possible this is a good radio? I just think that until you’ve used one for awhile to see for yourself it’s not as bad as y’all think...I get the loyalty y’all have for sanwa and Futaba which I know Futaba has been around for years and used by the pros for good reason just think this radio is being judged a bit harshly

Sure I had it coming no worries...I work with a bunch of hardcore idiots and we get pretty brutal the banter between us was harmless...lol
Also want to add on a serious note I appreciate and listen to the advice and joined because of the wealth of knowledge in this group also listen to all the opinions...but I just don’t have the resources to always afford the options you guys advise to get and I’m always forced to explore less expensive options...I really do love this hobby and want all the kick ass rigs y’all run just I’ve learned to be happy with what I can afford to run...y’all some hardcore 1/5 scalers and I have learned a lot in the short time being here

Last edited:
Sure I had it coming no worries...I work with a bunch of hardcore idiots and we get pretty brutal the banter between us was harmless...lol
Also want to add on a serious note I appreciate and listen to the advice and joined because of the wealth of knowledge in this group also listen to all the opinions...but I just don’t have the resources to always afford the options you guys advise to get and I’m always forced to explore less expensive options...I really do love this hobby and want all the kick ass rigs y’all run just I’ve learned to be happy with what I can afford to run...y’all some hardcore 1/5 scalers and I have learned a lot in the short time being here
These guys are not hardcore, they are bashers, not racers. Big difference, especially in what they spend and on what. Its just a fun escape from the book of faces to come here.

I did a lot of research before I bought and strongly considered Futaba and if I’d went with them I’d have to get the 7 and for that kind of money there’s so many more things I need more than the radio...I kept goin back to the noble especially because i already had rpm and temp telemetry installed and merely had to switch receivers and decided to pull the trigger and get it...I didn’t ask advice on what to buy because I already knew what most of you run and tried to avoid the controversy but that didn’t happen??..time will tell and no matter what I run I always think about it running away or something failing...my decision wasn’t made in haste without thinking about all those things

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks